Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default "The Artist" in the physical reality...

Gare brought to our attention that outside of the digital box, as it were, that there are so folks whom have artistic hobbies beyond the digital box, that brighten up ones home, garden, or life its self for many reasons.

Funny story, but the dog has gained weight, and it was getting cramped for the both of us to nap on our couch, lol, so I asked the youngest son to go out to the back work and garden area, to mill some wood we usually have on hand, and craft us up a day bed...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daybed.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	232.4 KB 
ID:	131699

Attachment 131644

Then this Holiday Season, we get snow.. here on the west coast of BC, it's not often that we get a white Christmas... so I ask the oldest to change up our back garden area to something fun and electric... Here he is kicking my butt in shuffle puck... oh my what fun...

Here is our new cat hutch we built, as we have four feral cats, a polydactyl cat who serves a surrogate father figure... and the old cat tree was, well, getting old and tattered lol.

Name:	tree.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	131696

Attachment 131645

We have so many examples of practical, yet artsy builds, and yard designs... and then enters the digital world of capture... it is all so simply marvelous.

Attachment 131646

When we took over our complex, we changed the whole feel of things... When people drive in from work on Fridays, after working hard all week, they are greeted to groomed common areas.

Name:	front lawn.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	297.2 KB 
ID:	131697

Attachment 131647

I would have to search through my files a bit to find many more actual life examples of Artistry, as we just recently got this new computer, but heck yes, there are so many things we all do the revolve around creative thinking for demonstration, and or enjoyment... So post away folks... let's see your artistic side of practical life, and all the wonders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	addition.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	131648  
    Last edited by gidgit; 09 March 2022 at 07:03 PM.

Default Re: "The Artist" in the physical reality...

sadly some attachments not accessible in your post....

arranging your workspace is an art... just been turfed out of my old one [by herself] and not yet got the new office finished... but its looking good; ok it's untidy... always is... those speakers need new tails before I can get them in situ.... get the secomd one over to the left of the monitor and snick the valve amp in somewhere underneath....

Name:	wip 03mar22.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	131651
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the heads up handrawn... not quite sure why not... yes, most every space is an expression of the people involved. Nice space.

I have lowered the speakers onto iso-155s, they were at stand-up hight on the wooden plinths
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

You may think that's untidy handrawn but compared to me it's not my work area is a mess particularly my painting area.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Lol, you should see our shop, we are currently doing a reno to our upstairs bathroom... Used to be a very clean and well organized shop, then the kid started the reno... Reno is coming right along, new bulkheads with recessed LED lighting on dimmers along both long walls, new center light and fan, new tile and trim about to go in, with in floor heating, new wiring and gfi plugs c/w usb, new washer and dryer, redone cabinets, and new hand rails for this old fugly..

Shop is not doing so well, lol... on the other hand, our garlic from last year is up and lovely greens, as are some multipliers, and chives. Here was our back garden last season, summer and a ever short winter... Now time to start tomatoes and peppers inside.

Name:	backyard.gif 
Views:	106 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	131698

Here is our side yard during the summer...

Name:	sideyard.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	131700

Everyone has their own interpretations regarding space and representation, and that's a very cool thing for the most part

Attachment 131813
    Here we go... we recently challenged our sons with the task of redoing our bathroom... they built new bulkheads for recessed lighting on dimmers, the trim around the tub is hand milled out of larger wood.. both on top, and along the bottom... The stereo, usb gfi plugs, etc., brings things to 4D... Nothing like enjoying a bubble bath, listening to a music video, while surf'n the web... The paint job is 3 coats of thinned paint to various amounts, and the fourth coat with added liquid plasticoat... Completely water proof, modest, yet modern. My wife is a happy camper, and that's always a good thing

Name:	Bathroom.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	131816  

So an elderly lady in our community asked our son to replace her car port... Wings3D, patience, and fun lol... took but a couple of hours to do... modeling things out really allows one to understand the parts one is working with to be sure. Kid took the old carport down in 2 hours, all loaded up, and off to the dump. All parts have been cut in our shop, and painted, and are ready to go, just pretty much waiting for the weather window now. Yet another example of how design plays into the works in real life applications.

Name:	cp.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	131991

Name:	carportrendertS.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	131990  

So no building permit?

What are the horizontal members, and why are they there?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

We are well aware of the regulations, as we are the landlords and agents of our community lol... Just so happens, due to trailers and mini homes not allowed permanent foundations, there are provisions in place, so as to also allow for the building of cabana additions c/w walk through to the out side exits, and or carports, to be built, with out such requirements.... We get appended Bylaw manuals each year, applying to both civic bylaws, as well Trailer Park Bylaws. Quite the read each year, early spring. Goes with the job. We are licensed by our City, and as such, and take things into consideration always, including dealing with our residents.

Meh, no biggie... sorry if things are not that way out in Ontario... I won't go into political details, but you guys out east have your hands full to be sure. Oh my. We grew up owning a log cabin near Lake of the Woods... My parents helped develop Ingolf Ontario. Built the road, in along with the cooperation of Manitoba's West Hawk Fish Hatchery. We are very much rooted in Canadians lol. Honorary Ontarians as well. At the lake, Minnesotans are as well, the same. All alike.

The running bond beams are to system the load over the span, the slats between the lid panels and the rafters, also assist in load and stability concerns. The dimensions are all custom fabbed and milled, to present a lighter weight, yet stronger system to meet the needs. We get snow loads in the winter months these days... The old carport was designed with awkward gussets and 45 2x supports, and was about to collapse. It lasted for some 30 years, and the lady is just ecstatic to have it get rebuilt.