Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks so much for all the nice compliments, they mean the world to me!!!

Funny man you are DALE!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] But your right, if I didn't know better I would say that Maya earned her wings!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] From looking at the portrait she did of herself then at this, hmmmm, interesting, VERY interesting indeed!!! (with a bit of a New York Jewish accent [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

I think she turned out better than I thought, y'all have to remember, I don't "do" angels, this was a request from Mom and she got it, now I can get back to creating dark, forboding images and some of my other weird stuff!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (Oh, for crying out loud, Richard, get a grip!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

Thanks allot Dale, Randy, Soquili, Maya, Ross, Egg, Mike (my 3 moderators right in a row there) and panfer (I'm glad it was worth the wait too!!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'm free, free at last to fly away and....and.....Oooopps there I go again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://www.imira.com/Album/photo.asp...0810&ImgType=0
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard, I've never seen an angel and if I ever saw one like the one you have painted I guess I would love it/him/her. Well done.
    Nikolai

Lovely work Richard! I'm sure your mum will appreciate it.

Well done!

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

Wow, must have missed this one, sorry Richard! This pic is great! The thing that I thought topped it off was that awesome light coming from above. This was all done in Xara????? May I ask how many objects it has?! It has a very painter-like quality. Very nice job, isn't it a great feeling to finish something you've been working at for a long time to finally see the end product? I'll c-ya

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

It's actually a mix of PhotoPaint and XaraX, that's why it's posted here instead of in the Xara Gallery!!

The main figure is a painterly (still don't like that word for some reason) image and the rest is all done in XaraX. The background is layering of fractal plazmas with different color fills, the only cheat that I did were the stars. The wings are objects, the halo, the light source is 8 layers (mixures of fractal plazma, with bitmap copies created and then with various transparencies applied, the trim on the robe are all carefully cut out pieces with white and green fractal plazma applied and then my signature.

The painterly, PhotoPaint figure is also a mixute of objects, mostly from the head on up. The hair, eyebrows, eye and lips are all objects created as layers so I could create a very smooth, airbrushed effect on the angels face and neck.

The hands are an interesting admission of my out of practice abilities of anatomy (I used to be quite good, I'm a bit rusty now) so I took a digital picture of myself praying, I transfered the image onto my hard drive and resized it smaller, imported it into XaraX and then cut out the hands from the rest of the picture and saved them as a transparent .gif. Imported them into PhotoPaint and lined them up with the (at the time) sketch of the angels body and did a "select all" and "combine all objects together" and then I used my own skin tones to determine the rest of the painting.

Once finished with the painterly portion I then saved it as a high quality .tiff and imported that into XaraX and then cut out the background using the zoom lens to make sure it was a "tight" cut out!! Then, as an object or "vectorized" as I like to say, I worked on the rest. The wings were my worst nightmare trying to get an elongated wing that looked as natural as it could on a human form. So that was where Maya and allot of research came into play. Then I moved....my residence of 16 years...so I had to take a break to do that. But it was a much needed break, when I went back to work on it....well, it all came together pretty easily after that.

And there you have it.

Thanks for the compliments!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

... work there Richard!

Sounds like it was a lot of work too. The etheral colours on the wings are very effective and the light beaming down is a great touch.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Yea, you did an excellent job, it looks great!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-