Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UPDATE: Well, one nice thing about heading a thread is that you always have the "power" to alter or change or delete the message, YIPPEE!!

(08/06/2002) Well, I am happy to say that I have completed the new and improved Moms Angel after loosing the finalized files to a blunder, mostly on my behalf. I was shocked, dismayed and yet I knew I could "do it better" so I did. I like the glow around the inside of the frame, I like shafts of light and the way the lighting plays off of the wings. The bottom of the frame blends more with the cloudy sky instead of a star field. Just little improvements. It's not the original but it is and, I think, better. Now I need to back the darn thing up and make her really safe!! And I can get back to the, lets see, 6 no 7 other art projects I have on the boards.......sigh!! I'm happy!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(08/09/2002) I have added in a Golden glow, folks tell me that angels are all diffused with a golden glow, so I added one in and I made the hale with "spiked beams" of light coming off of it, hope it's not too much, but I swear this is the last time. I'm done, really I am!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(08/11/2002) I flipped the halo and changed the spikey glow to a soft glow around it. I also softened the golden rays that are incorporated into the "Gods Light" decending upon her form and also added a wing shape with fractal plazma with stained glass transparency applied to it, then overlaid it onto the main wing to bring out more detail.

Original Message:

I am prowd to say....I'm Finished with my project......... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

May I present "Moms Angel" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Done with lots of love and lots of time!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The file is a bit over the limit and the size is a bit much and I'm sorry about that, any smaller and she would loose way too much detail!!!

I hope you all enjoy it. Thanks to Maya and Mike for all the help and tips and support using programs of XaraX and PhotoPaint. I would have pulled my hair out if not for the help!!! THANKS BUNCHES!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on August 11, 2002 at 14:26.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moms_Angel_Golden_M2S.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	6990  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

UPDATE: Well, one nice thing about heading a thread is that you always have the "power" to alter or change or delete the message, YIPPEE!!

(08/06/2002) Well, I am happy to say that I have completed the new and improved Moms Angel after loosing the finalized files to a blunder, mostly on my behalf. I was shocked, dismayed and yet I knew I could "do it better" so I did. I like the glow around the inside of the frame, I like shafts of light and the way the lighting plays off of the wings. The bottom of the frame blends more with the cloudy sky instead of a star field. Just little improvements. It's not the original but it is and, I think, better. Now I need to back the darn thing up and make her really safe!! And I can get back to the, lets see, 6 no 7 other art projects I have on the boards.......sigh!! I'm happy!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(08/09/2002) I have added in a Golden glow, folks tell me that angels are all diffused with a golden glow, so I added one in and I made the hale with "spiked beams" of light coming off of it, hope it's not too much, but I swear this is the last time. I'm done, really I am!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(08/11/2002) I flipped the halo and changed the spikey glow to a soft glow around it. I also softened the golden rays that are incorporated into the "Gods Light" decending upon her form and also added a wing shape with fractal plazma with stained glass transparency applied to it, then overlaid it onto the main wing to bring out more detail.

Original Message:

I am prowd to say....I'm Finished with my project......... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

May I present "Moms Angel" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Done with lots of love and lots of time!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The file is a bit over the limit and the size is a bit much and I'm sorry about that, any smaller and she would loose way too much detail!!!

I hope you all enjoy it. Thanks to Maya and Mike for all the help and tips and support using programs of XaraX and PhotoPaint. I would have pulled my hair out if not for the help!!! THANKS BUNCHES!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on August 11, 2002 at 14:26.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Just how much did Maya "help?" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Good work! I'm glad you posted it larger.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Nice image. Peaceful

--Randy R

Hi Richard,

Very nice angle, I'm sure your Mom will love it.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I can see a wonderful atmospheric quality all around her like she is floating among the clouds--nice touches with all of the elements---and you got the gown's color just like you wished too! Great job Richard!!! I know you are happy and much relieved to complete such a large project! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

---and Dale---I didn't do anything except answer some questions Richard had about some very minor details...it's completely his vision from the very start, it's not based on me in any way! And I'm certainly no angel!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=3001938225
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

It's great to see her after all these months. Your creative efforts to pull it all together and the outcome are very inspirational.

I'm sure your Mother will like it too.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Richard
    A very fine image.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Richard, Your angel painting is fabulous.

A1A

Richard, finally we can see it. It is worth the wait. My compliments!
    N