Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default website local search box for real estate listings

Hi All

This is an old chestnut, but,,

Anyone point me in the direction of where or how to create a search box that can search for properties listed on my own website. can coding/software be purchased & embedded?

Or

Do any of the upgraded versions of Xara provide this facility, (non-subscription based).

I would like to be able to create search with criteria
    below

Transaction Type (Drop down box for choice/selection)
    For sale
    For Rent

Property Type (As above Drop down box for choice/selection (poss; expandable)
    Apartment
    House
    Land

No of Bedrooms ( Choice from 1 to 5)

I would like the search box ideally on the home page

Min & Max Price two separate boxes.

Many Thanks

DaveClick image for larger version. 

Name:	REAL ESTATE SEARCH BOX.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	131607
    Last edited by Davora; 27 February 2022 at 05:04 PM.

Default Re: website local search box for real estate listings

I think you'd need a content management system for this to work Dave.
    You could try Tom's cms HERE
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I do not even take on jobs of such scope because xara can not handle it. Best outsource it to someone who works with wordpress.

Hi All
    Thanks I will find someone who can sort the code for this.

Too much for me.!

Dave

Lightbulb Re: website local search box for real estate listings

Davora, there is no code for anyone to sort out if you are hoping to build this all in Xara. Unless...

In https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...555#post645555, I suggested the use of datatables.js.
    It would be possible to build up a table with the appropriate columns and include specific column filters as in this example: https://datatables.net/examples/api/...er_select.html.

You would have columns for:
    Transaction type so the column dropdown shows (blank), For Sale, For Rent.
    Studios
    Cities
    No. of Bedrooms

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REAL ESTATE SEARCH BOX.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	131607

For price range, just have a price column and use the Order By. There is a Search Range Plugin, which I have not used.

Keyword search is the default that accepts anything.
    There is no need for a Search button as everything is dynamically filtered through selection on typing.

To avoid constant updating of the Xara website, you would make the table standalone and pull it into your design.

Clearly, one of the columns need to include a Link to the Sale page of the property.
    A thumbnail is also possible.

The depth of the table can be kept on the one page with pagination so it would sit prettily on he home page.

No many TGers are familiar with this type of integration (xtom has a Xara CMS).

I still think ECWID is the cleanest approach.

In the end it come down to effort + finance vs. benefit (sales 1st, support 2nd).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn
    Thanks for your comprehensive reply.

I need to find someone to implement this for me as it will just take me too long!

I can do the basics on Xara but that is about it, placeholders, sliders etc...

Thanks again :-)

Dave

If you just want an admin to add properties you can do this with the ecommerce version xt-cms by adding the properties as products with custom attributes such as location,bedrooms etc. You could then for example set the products as "Info Only" instead of "Add to cart" with an enquiry box enabled so people can view and enquire about the properties. Because they would be added as products they would be searchable by name,price and any custom attributes such as location,bedrooms etc. It's possible but you would still need to do some custom coding for example with the search form and assigning the appropriate names to the input fields etc.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Hi atom

Thanks I will create pages with individual properties & then the search will find these properties/listings.

I will outsource this as it is not something I will be competent to do, I know my limits.

Regards

Dave