Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 11

Default Re: Windows 11

@ GWP... good that everything is working out for you, nothing like keeping on going

@ Egg... Yes indeed, if things work, and browsers are supported, and your machine works within your needs, and easiness in use, why change?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I upgraded my computer and monitor. The monitor is 4K.

I had a computer guy I've worked with before who created an image or whatever you call it from my old computer and installed my old computer onto the new. He said there were problems with Windows 11.

But after having the computer for a week now, I installed Windows 11 and I know it is too early to say but touch wood, everything seems to be in order. Windows seems to have done a splendid job transferring and configuring everything into the new environment. Including not starting with the Windows sign in screen.

Xara works fine. My stereogram app works fine. My browser works fine. Basically I am a happy camper.
    I have an (HP Core i5 3rd gen) laptop and I have been using Windows 10 for a long time and I should have known that when Windows 11 was officially announced by Microsoft So why I still don't have any update message from Windows update?

if there is no notification of window 11 in your windows settings update, then likely there is something about your computer that is not compatible with windows 11 - have you run the microsoft compatibility program? - it's called 'PC Health Check' and you can find it here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-11

scroll right down to 'Check for compatibility'

it could be something as simple as a BIOS setting that needs changing
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by redrichard View Post
    I have an (HP Core i5 3rd gen) laptop and I have been using Windows 10 for a long time and I should have known that when Windows 11 was officially announced by Microsoft So why I still don't have any update message from Windows update?
    You need an at least an 8th gen Intel CPU to load Win 11.

I didn't look at the detail - thanks Chris

having read through I see that you can actually clean install windows 11 on an intel gen 3 processor computer and it would run, but you would not get updates at all because it is unsupported by microsoft [just in case that is what you have done]

and to do even that the computer would need TPM version 2, which if it is an old computer it may not have
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

If you go into SETTINGS > UPDATE & SECURITY > WINDOWS UPDATE

There should be a message telling you whether or not you can run Windows 11

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022.04.28_13h17m54s_001_.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	131950

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022.04.28_13h21m55s_001_.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	131951
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.