Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 11

Default Windows 11

I upgraded my computer and monitor. The monitor is 4K.

I had a computer guy I've worked with before who created an image or whatever you call it from my old computer and installed my old computer onto the new. He said there were problems with Windows 11.

But after having the computer for a week now, I installed Windows 11 and I know it is too early to say but touch wood, everything seems to be in order. Windows seems to have done a splendid job transferring and configuring everything into the new environment. Including not starting with the Windows sign in screen.

Xara works fine. My stereogram app works fine. My browser works fine. Basically I am a happy camper.

Default Re: Windows 11

Yeah my laptop upgraded to windows 11 and I also have no problems my eyes are the problem.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I never upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8.0 because I hated what they had done to the UI.. waited until 8.1 when they had mitigated a lot of the in-your-face changes

Whilst not in the same league, there are things in windows 11 I don't like, so having tried it out I will wait; it seems to work fine though

And I would go the way you have, cloning [via image] the old system onto the new computer, which with today's software especially is not too difficult; then i would upgrade to win 11 when ready [using windows media tool, but that is my preference over the update service]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I upgraded my computer and monitor. The monitor is 4K.

I had a computer guy I've worked with before who created an image or whatever you call it from my old computer and installed my old computer onto the new. He said there were problems with Windows 11.

But after having the computer for a week now, I installed Windows 11 and I know it is too early to say but touch wood, everything seems to be in order. Windows seems to have done a splendid job transferring and configuring everything into the new environment. Including not starting with the Windows sign in screen.

Xara works fine. My stereogram app works fine. My browser works fine. Basically I am a happy camper.
    I've been on Win 11 for 6 months and no problems with Xara. My Win 11, though, is a new computer with SSD. Some programs, not Xara, look for SSD.

Dan - I got a new Dell XPS with two SSDs. Specifically to run Windows 11.

Steve - I really like the fact that the change was more internal that external. And in place of the tiles that to my knowledge no one liked or used, the Windows Key brings up a small customizable selection of icons.

There are good features Gary

Somethings are lost - like being able to have taskbar on top of screen... or for that matter either side
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    There are good features Gary

Somethings are lost - like being able to have taskbar on top of screen... or for that matter either side
    My taskbar is at the bottom I think there is an option as to where the taskbar is located.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

As previously suggested, we recently purchased a new computer, forward compliant to Win 11, however all of our apps are rock solid on Win 10, so personally I see no reason to rush out and upgrade such...

James - I find Windows 11 a little more subtle than Windows 10. And so far everything seems to work without issue.

I don't have a windows 11 computer, but I've not tried to bypass installation of W11 the latest os either.
    I have two desktops, I don't wish to have one operating under 11 and the other under 10, so I'll just keep both using 10, no competition!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host