Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default now what do i do?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	131586

Client file website is not opening, now wtf do I do?

Default Re: now what do i do?

Have you tried File > Open Recent > Backups . . .

The document you are trying to open may have gotten corrupted and you may need to go back to a previous backup?

Next to the Date Modified section is a small V. Press this V to get a calendar and select how far back you want to go.

If you are successful in finding a backup, Save As and rename to your original file name.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	date modfied.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	131587  

Go to http://archive.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html

Download Expand.xar and follow the direction on the page and see if it will open it. It may not work with new files but Xara was still having people use it back in 2019 so worth a try.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	131586

Client file website is not opening, now wtf do I do?
    How did you make out? I’ve had this happen to me. Had a power bump and things were really messed up. I had to go back to recents and find a page that was at the least decent, then rebuilt. Now I do everything as a Save As, backup to thumb drive for each account, and also back up to an external drive @behzad.
    Hope things worked for you!
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Thank you all, your so nice to me. I looked in backup, sadly I set auto backup to every 2 hours, so it was not saved. I went back 1 version and did a few updates because they were missing. Now ok. But now I made sure every 1 hour I backup. I do backup all files every night on an external and cloud. Hope it will not happen again. bwood sorry about that, I did freak out a bit.

I would back up more often than that. I think ten minutes is the default but maybe every 15 or 30 minutes. Take the backup as an opportunity to get up and stretch.

I know it is disruptive but then so is spending a day trying to fix this problem.

My recovery strategy has helped me on many occasions.

Master design file always lodged with the Client. usually Cloud storage so i can recover it quietly.
    Update files saved to local storage that is also Dropbox-enabled. A local loss is therefore available on a sibling machine as well as the Cloud. I can recover back from a large number of Dropbox backups. Should the design file get totally corrupted.
    Finally, I have 20 Xara Backups, every 20 minutes, to a totally different drive.
    Additionally, if I run it through Xara Cloud, a copy exists there as well.

I avoid major design changes on the sub-master. Rather, I clone onto a stick and develop and discard there.
    Only when I have checked it all over would I copy over the changes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes sir. Thanks Gary and Acron and the rest of the elite.