Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: How to make a pop-up pop up

flip, your sound file needs to be dropped onto the pop-up layer.

In the Page & Layer gallery, tick that layer, check it is visible and drag your sound file onto your design page.
    Reposition and size to fit.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

Many thanks, I'm making progress, of a sort. I followed your suggestion thus: I selected the mobile version. I deleted the sound file that had been brought into position from the main version. I then dragged the sound file into position on the design making sure the pop layer was selected and visible. When I selected 'play automatically' the sound file started as the page was opened ie the original problem. I repeated the process selected 'don't start' automatically. When I tested this it didn't play when the page was opened but when the 'trigger' was selected the sound file, ellipse and message appeared but the sound file didn't play as it should have done - until I clicked on the sound file arrow.

I've adjusted the test frame several times and it appears that, apart from the different ways in which I've inserted the sound file into the layer (importing the main, dragging the mobile) the determining factor is the width of the test window.

FWIW I've tried changing the test browser from Microsoft to Firefox but that appears to make no difference. The performance varies according to whether I have the browser window wide or narrow.

I hope this helps.

Philip

Flip,

Let's see if we can isolate the issue - for both the desktop and mobile variants select SOLO mode in the P&L Gallery for both MouseOver and Popup layers - what you should see (as per my example) is this for the Mobile variant and a similar two images for the Desktop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audio_variant.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	131560

Can you confirm what you are seeing.

Can you also confirm whether the demo here https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/variant_popup_test/ has the same behaviour? do this on a real mobile phone and on your desktop.

It is possible if you are simply squeezing the browser in and out while the popup is open to get the popup to appear/ play without actually touching calling the popup, but that's not reality.

Gary
    Last edited by Initiostar; 19 February 2022 at 12:32 PM.

Gary, thanks for your prompt reply.

Your message specified MouseOver but the photo is MouseOff so I've given you all three:

Main
    Info(lock) - sound file, ellipse and message
    MouseOver - nav bar
    Mouse Off - fullpage inc 'trigger' text/symbol

Mobile
    Info(lock) - sound file, ellipse and message
    MouseOver - nav bar (amnded to one bar)
    MouseOff - full page inc 'trigger' text/symbol in new position on page

The only difference on the layers section is that on the mobile version the MouseOver layer is hidden (the nav bar appears in the MousOff layer also)

Re your site. Your file performs correctly on my desktop and phone. The only difference is that I have my popup message on the original angled panel.

Is it worth me putting my site in both versions up online? Then I could see if it is working differently online as opposed to under test.

Philip

Senior moment Flip, should have been MouseOff.

Might be better to share the file, which I assume is too large to post on TG. If you have Google Drive, Dropbox or One Drive you can share that with me. You can go public/ private with Share. I'll PM my email address to you shortly for private sharing.

Gary

flip, when you drag an audio file onto a design, Xara creates Placeholder code for it and saves the audio file as an external asset.
    There is no need to do it twice as the copied/shared Placeholders only need to know where the asset it (In the index_hrm_files folder when published).

Shame this has become an epic for you.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn

Unfortunately that's where I started (though I imported the sound file as Xara instructed. Everything worked fine. It was when they were 'transformed' for the mobile variant I hit the problem. Right now I'm trying to find a way of sending the file to Gary for less than £100. I have a PCloud account but I've got to find out how to share a file via it.

Philip

Quote Originally Posted by flip View Post
    Acorn
    Unfortunately that's where I started (though I imported the sound file as Xara instructed. Everything worked fine. It was when they were 'transformed' for the mobile variant I hit the problem. Right now I'm trying to find a way of sending the file to Gary for less than £100. I have a PCloud account but I've got to find out how to share a file via it.
    Philip
    flip, please don't pay anything.

If you have FileZilla, you can FTP the XAR file to a sub-folder of your present site.
    If you have email, you can ZIP and send quite large files. Even GMail handles up to 25MB. With free Google Drive, you can share a 10GB file!
    You don't need to send any audio as we've got those already. The XAR file should be trivial in size.

You could even risk https://www.sendtransfer.com, with registration fo a 50MB upload.
    Never tried it but you never know.

Acorn

Acorn

Many thanks for the valuable information. Since writing I've sent Initiostar a link to access the files on my cloud account. If that fails I'll come back and take up one of your suggestions.

Many thanks

Philip

Flip,

You can send the file direct to my email, zip it with your own audio files as I don't think I have access to them from here, or from your local drive just use 'We Transfer', it's free.

Gary