Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Sitemap ?

Default Sitemap ?

Hi Guys

Does anyone know how to create a sitemap without publishing the website?

What i mean by this is that i have always exported my websites then manually upload them to a server.

I've found this guide:

https://help.xara.com/article/57-how...eate-a-sitemap

But it assumes that i want to publish the website through Xara.

Default Re: Sitemap ?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Publish your site to a folder, I just create a folder on the desktop and use File > Export Website and select the folder. The site map, I believe, is created automatically. Then manually upload to your server. If I am wrong, and I may very well be, check back and someone will respond with the correct answer.

You can FTP directly to your server from Xara but if you are more comfortable doing so via a third party solution nobody will try to stop you.

Default Re: Sitemap ?

A sitemap needs to know where your files are going to be eventually published to.
    Xara knows for itself but for FTP, you need the following.

Share > Sign into other Webhosting Service (or Web Properties) > Publish > Other web host (via FTP) > Settings button > Website URL: type in final resting place of your website.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8071.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	131512

It then doesn't care if you are just Exporting website to a folder.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat