Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farewell

Default Farewell

Yesterday I tried to help a forum member. Instead of delving through old posts I wrote about the specific registry setting.

And while investigating I discovered that changing thos value led to a button appearing as described by Gary. Meaning Gary had changed this value also. Which is a bit weird for Gary always advocated the new UI and (IMHO) childish object handles. And I wasn't the only one for Boy also called out for Gary.

And now comes the real reason for me to write this post and tell you all I will leave this forum.

I have been a member since 2000. I loved the forum, helping others and recieving tips. But he atmosphere has changed and I even have been called "aggresive". Which I'm absolutely not. Helping others by giving them asnwers they want instead of a link to some other post is frowned upom. And if you do, you'll get nailed publicly. That's not good.

It may be due to the fact that not every one in this forum has an Anglosaxon background. Maybe the way other uses of the Enlish language misses the fine nuances Brits have and use. If I have insulted people I do apologise, it was neven my intention.

But failing to live up to the standards of using proper English and not tripping ones toes I can't conclude anythng else that my contributions are unwelcome. Hence I leave this forum.

I have been lingering in this forum for more than 20 years (heck, I used Xara from 1994 and even visited Gaddesden Place in the early nineties) Time to move on.
    IP

Default Re: Farewell

No one called you aggressive; a query was raised as to whether you were aware the language you had used sounded that way and whether or not you meant it to sound that way; you have now answered that....

Sorry to see you go
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Yesterday I tried to help a forum member. Instead of delving through old posts I wrote about the specific registry setting.

I have been a member since 2000. I loved the forum, helping others and recieving tips. But he atmosphere has changed and I even have been called "aggresive". Which I'm absolutely not. Helping others by giving them asnwers they want instead of a link to some other post is frowned upom. And if you do, you'll get nailed publicly. That's not good.

I have been lingering in this forum for more than 20 years (heck, I used Xara from 1994 and even visited Gaddesden Place in the early nineties) Time to move on.
    Michael, I’d stick around and contribute. On the note regarding linking a possible solution rather than explaining; there’s many things that newcomers can learn from other thread solutions. This is the succinct way of approaching a problem that many could search for, but get lost in a myriad of threads. I can’t recall any thread link that is frowned upon. In fact this is THE WAY to answer a question.

All posters are valuable, including yours.

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.
    IP

we hate to see you go, Michael keep posting, and hopefully, we can former bring back some of TG's former glory.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Michael, I'm sure there's been some misunderstandings here. I've been a TG forum member for more years than I wish to recall. One of it's greatest assets is the wide, free and helpful replies given to and by all it's members. There has been almost no adverse posts between members over the years. I'm sorry you feel that in your case there has been.

Please reconsider, request the moderators look into your greivance and deliberate on their outcome. TG is a one way win-win for it's members.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

I think I know where Michael is coming from. I quickly read a lot of the postings and sometimes I think a reply was a bit terse, but on re-reading they almost always aren't. For example, a misspelt word, uncommon word or a missing word can be misinterpreted. I wonder if adding a field for "thumbs up", "me too" or smiley, etc. within each forum post would make the forum a tad more friendly and give some idea of what we are feeling about a post.
    IP

Yes, that's overdue Jaydear.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

I'd give that a thumbs up for a start
    IP

I sincerely hope I am not guilty although because of my current health condition I could be if so L am very very sorry please reconsider.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Yes, that's overdue Jaydear.
    Sure is. A month later one can review the post in question and it’s entirely different. I do think Michaels post that was reacted to was a bit tongue n’ cheek. One can only tell through the use of emojis etc.

Time to return @michael. You’re welcome at any time.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.
    IP