Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How do you make text look like it is rising out of water on a photo?

If I remember correctly Yellowbird is female.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: How do you make text look like it is rising out of water on a photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Ah, Larry, you're assuming the text is bursting forth like a champagne cork. It may be a slow ascent, like the quality of the wine itself.

Attachment 131495
    Now we are getting somewhere this looks better Chris finally this one is starting to look like it is rising and not floating or partly submerged, I agree Chris the submarine was merely an example however what you show is closer to what I see in my mind's eye. Good going this could make a good challenge huh
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hmmmmm for some reason I thought it was the other way round makes sense though.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Egg, bang to rights - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...087#post630087

Apologies Nancy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry Nancy
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

I've got caught up in this. I want to walk away, but noooo. Anyway, last effort...or is it???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Water2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	131503

I've got caught up in this. I want to walk away, but noooo. Anyway, last effort...or is it???

Love it Chris I think this gives the most accurate image Nancy is looking for.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Hey everyone! I did reply to thank you all earlier for the amazing ideas, (maybe I took too long typing and it logged me out and I thought it posted-happens). I'm working with the steps and videos. Chris M your last example is what I'm looking for. I have to try out some of the other ideas too. I appreciate everyone's help, I'll post what I come up with, takes me a while. Not a guru like you guys! (Yes I'm female but no worries.) Thanks again!

Lol it can be addictive trying to get stuff like that "just right" I'd try pushing the white splash at the base up to letters more as the gap looks a bit off but hey it looks good as-is anyways.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

I think Chris has nailed it on this last one.

Ray