Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
Acorn, I mean no disrespect ... In fact, probably the opposite I mean more respect.
You talk like this is simple, and you've worked it out for us. It probably is simple for you, but to me (and I assume quite a few others) you may as well have explained it in Aramaic for all the good it does me. I have to admit, that I don't do websites, so have never had to try an implement any of your suggestions, but to me, just reading through them, they seem quite complex.
I suspect more than a few people are just as confused trying to follow your fixes as they were trying to fix things themselves.
Lets face it, you are just too damn smart ...
Keith, I am sorry but I have always lifted the hood.

There is a difference in publishing a PDF from an XDA compared with a Website.
The website payload has to be hosted and if it is too big, it takes a long time. Big also usually means slow to display.
A PDF or image export have quicker cycle times than you probably do not notice as much.

For websites, Xara delivered a vanilla static website with a few animations and rollover effects.
The use of Placeholder coding allows selected objects to be post-processed, using CSS, JavaScript, jQuery and even PHP, allowing such features such as sliders and forms.
I just try to fill the gaps and errors and elevate performance where Xara has not.

Acorn