Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CoinSlider deactivated?

Have Xara discontinued coinSlider. Don't see any widgets as an option for loading anymore nor do I see anything in the Design Gallery but here is my problem with my coin sldier (http://www.pigsear.org.uk/). I replaced a single photo (one of five in the coinSlider) with another but when viewed the old photo is no longer there but nor is the new one. The new photo also does not appear in the index_html_files folder. Neither does the old photo. None of the files with coinslider in its name with the exception of xr_files.txt have been updated. I have saved the file even exiting it and choosing SAVE but no joy.

Windows 10 Pro X coinSliderNonav_v8_28

Default Re: CoinSlider deactivated?

Emmo, it is still around.
    It is under Photo Slideshows and Galleries as the Tile Slideshow 2 Widget.

As you have an old site, you have probably fallen foul of the jQuery Library update Xara made without telling anyone.

Open an instance of the newer Tile Slideshow 2 Widget (CoinSlider) onto the same page as the ailing one then just delete it.
    This update the code and all should work.

Xara's CoinSlider version is 8.10, not 8.28.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn but I appear to have fallen at the first hurdle. I cannot find Photo Slideshows and it is not in Galleries nor can I find Tile Slideshow 2 Widget anywhere. My CoinSlider shows the file as coinSliderNonav_v8_28 if that helps. I notice that all the clipart files have also dissappeared though they are in my Program folder.

However, looking at my Designer Pro 11 program in the Designs Gallery there is a Page Elements and Widgets folder and within that a Photo Slideshows & Galleries (widgets) folder and therein is the Tile Slideshow 2 Widget. I suppose it may be possible to create a new Coinslder and paste it into the Pro X 17 file?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	131464  
    Last edited by Emmo; 03 February 2022 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmo View Post
    However, looking at my Designer Pro 11 program in the Designs Gallery there is a Page Elements and Widgets folder and within that a Photo Slideshows & Galleries (widgets) folder and therein is the Tile Slideshow 2 Widget. I suppose it may be possible to create a new Coinslder and paste it into the Pro X 17 file?
    Emmo, that might work. As you mention XDPXv17, can I assume you are out of cover? I think v17 is too early for the jQuery update I mentioned. That might be why you don't see it - because you never downloaded it in v17 at any point.

You can link from v17 to v11's assets. Use the Local Designs gallery > Disc designs button and link to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\11\Cache\designs\eng .

Or simply, open v11, add the slider then copy & paste to v17 and do the assembly there.

Do update your TG record so you don't get confusing information on a version you don't have.

If none of this works, I am sure Xara won't mind if a copy of the v17 Widget was passed to you. It never acts on the Posts so by ignoring this once, its silence can be taken as approval!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here is the version : Widget.xar - uses the latest jQuery 3.6; just drop the widget on your page and retest; if all works just delete it.

Hope it helps,

Gary

Thanks Gary. I have tried dropping the widget onto my page but without success. I need to spend more time on it.

Acorn: You are right I am out of cover. I have updated my TG record. I tried to link my assets to V11 and they wanted me to create an index but when I did they couldn't find any suitable files to add to the index for the specified folder. I have tried to open v11, add the slider then copy & paste to v17 and do the assembly there but so far without any luck. I will keep trying.

Thanks Gary. I have tried dropping the widget onto my page but without success. I need to spend more time on it.
    Emmo, I can see the slider working on your site, but it is searching for a missing image. As you only have 4/5 slides; just add the slides to a Xara file in the order you want them to appear and I will check them here for you.

Gary

Gary, I have edited the coinslider file and although there are five pictures only four appear when updated or previewing the current web page. I even deleted two pictures (one and four) and replaced them but only one is saved.

Emmo, OK some questions and a suggestion: I am assuming we are talking about the slider on your Home page and not the same format Tile Slideshow 2 sliders you have on the other tabs such as Pub News? The other sliders seem to be working correctly?

1. If true, you have at least one other copy of the v17 Tile Slideshow 2 that works?

2. If true, copy and paste one your working Tile Slideshow 2 widgets to a separate document and check that it works as expected.

3. If true, copy and paste your new photos to the first slide in the widget; they will then be in the Bitmap gallery; if true just delete them from the first slide (don't bother with add and replace photos options).

4. Now drag your new photos from the Bitmap Gallery, or those that you want to replace over the current photos.

5. Preview to check that is what you were expecting to see.

6. If true, delete the Tile Slideshow 2 widget from the Home page and (copy) and paste the widget from your new Xara document.

7. All should be well, but should all this fail to work correctly, just post a reply with the images in a Xara document here, together with the offending widget.

Footnote:
    (i) Xara switched to using jQuery 3.6 when it released Pro v18.0, so I doubt my version of the v18 widget will work in v17 without separately loading JQuery3.6.
    (ii) Where you see coinSliderNonav_v8_nn in the tab, 'nn' is not a version number - rather strangely it refers to each time you add or copy the widget into a document when it increments 'nn'+1

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Emmo, OK some questions and a suggestion: I am assuming we are talking about the slider on your Home page and not the same format Tile Slideshow 2 sliders you have on the other tabs such as Pub News? The other sliders seem to be working correctly?

1. If true, you have at least one other copy of the v17 Tile Slideshow 2 that works?

2. If true, copy and paste one your working Tile Slideshow 2 widgets to a separate document and check that it works as expected.

3. If true, drag and drop your new photos on to the first slide in the widget, but do no cover the slide; choose Add Photos.

4. Now drag your new photos from the Bitmap Gallery, or those that you want to replace over the current photos. When the Photos are in the the Bitmap Gallery, those added to the first slide can then be deleted.

5. Preview to check that is what you were expecting to see.

6. If true, delete the Tile Slideshow 2 widget from the Home page and (copy) and paste the widget from your new Xara document.

7. All should be well, but should all this fail to work correctly, just post a reply with the images in a Xara document here, together with the offending widget.

Footnote:
    (i) Xara switched to using jQuery 3.6 when it released Pro v18.0, so I doubt my version of the v18 widget will work in v17 without separately loading JQuery3.6.
    (ii) Where you see coinSliderNonav_v8_nn in the tab, 'nn' is not a version number - rather strangely it refers to each time you add or copy the widget into a document when it increments 'nn'+1

Gary
    Emmo, edited step 3.