Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: CoinSlider deactivated?

To me it looks as if you might have lost the names at the image inside of the widget. Edit the widget, select the image that is not displaying and open the names dialog. It should look like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	names.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	131513

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    To me it looks as if you might have lost the names at the image inside of the widget. Edit the widget, select the image that is not displaying and open the names dialog. It should look like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	names.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	131513
    Well spotted siran.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I wasn't aware of any coinslider other than the one on the index page. I have tried copying the one on the Pub News page to a new document and changing all the photos via Add Photo but when viewed all I get is the first photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmo View Post
    I wasn't aware of any coinslider other than the one on the index page. I have tried copying the one on the Pub News page to a new document and changing all the photos via Add Photo but when viewed all I get is the first photo.
    Emmo, just assume you have mangled the settings at some point.

Open the Widget,
    Click open Utilities > Names.
    Now Ctrl+click on all of your images.
    If the Names do not appear as siron has flagged ten you need to click on the Apply name dropdown, pick any of the missing parameters and then click the Add button.
    Restore all the missing parameters.
    Click the Widget and save when asked.

As it is only 5 images, upload them here and one of use will build a new drop-in replacement.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Gary, I have edited the coinslider file and although there are five pictures only four appear when updated or previewing the current web page. I even deleted two pictures (one and four) and replaced them but only one is saved.
    Emmo, you have 9 sliders on your website; just tab through your Navbar and you will see they all look very similar. I'm guessing here, but I think the original design idea would have been to have the same header/ slider on each page? They could have been repeated or copied and pasted, but changing one of them will not, as far as I can tell, have changed the others in your design.

I would take your Home slider for starters and check EACH image has the Names applied as suggested by Siran and Acorn (in the above posts). Getting one slider working as expected would be a good start; thereafter there are several different options for keeping them in sync.

Easy to recreate your slider if necessary, with your chosen images, but as you are on v17 there might be an additional step to work around the jQuery upgrade.

Gary

This is how it went after looking at the names of the five photos: Slide one my naming. Slide two my renaming plus autorenaming, photoreplace, WTag:Link:Link, WTag:scaled:image, Slide three ditto Slide four just my naming. Slide five ditto. When viewed on line slide four has been slow. The time taken to go to slide one instead of slide five would appear to indicate it is looking for slide five.

I duplicated slide two and added a photo using Replace photo from file. It then showed five slides instead of six with slide six (was five) missing. I deleted slide six and duplicated slide five and added a new photo and that worked.

I have made the slideshow on the index page repeat on all pages. I have tried to load various slideshows in my Pro X11 into a new document. There appear to be several options when pasting it into Pro X17 and the one that works is XarX Doucment as you can see here http://www.pigsear.org.uk/ but only thanks to all your help.

I have made the slideshow on the index page repeat on all pages.
    Emmo, that's not quite what I see when I look at the site and tab through the pages. The index page is working with 5 images, but the other 8 copies have what I think is the old slider (though they do each show 5 images correctly). If you want them the same as the index, you may have to delete the old sliders from each of the pages (8 of them) and replace them with your new slider. However you have some pages where the slider is not designed to appear, so rather than have it repeat on all pages, I'd simply copy and paste the index copy to the other 8 pages.

Even with repeat on all pages set, changing one copy does not change any others; each paste also creates a new id.

But it does all work now

Gary

BTW there is at least way of having one copy update all other copies e.g. https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/repeatWidget/. But as you have it working now probably best to keep it that way.

I think I may have sorted it. I deleted all other pages as you suggested then used the one on the index page to repeat on all pages. Then I found that a whole page (pigs ear festival) was missing. I have added it back so should be all right now. Thank you all for your help.

I have moved this to Web Design Chat unless this is not the correct forum.