Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bug Slideshows and image transparent backgrounds

Does anyone know why some images placed over the slide show are not completely transparent when the slides transform to the text slides? I’ve played around with the image format and with the layers, but I just can't figure it why this happens or how to fix it.This is my testing page is at…. https://yourdesignsonline.com/test1/index.htm I’ve contacted support and their reply was that it’s not happening on their end, however when I use a different computer or my cell phone it’s still showing up. If anyone can help… Thank you so much!

Default Re: Slideshows and image transparent backgrounds

Did you select 'Lossless compression e.g. PNG' under Web Properties/Image?

No, I don't think so. I'm not sure what this is. Would that be good or bad? and how do I get to it? Thank you.

Boy is spot on. Select the offending images, and:
    Utilities > Web Properties > Image (tab) > PNG (Best For Graphics) (radio button)

The default is to let Xara decide. Which implies some form of AI is at play when there isn't. If you have a transparent background in front of a stretched image, you need to choose PNG.

This is AWESOME!!! Thank you! Such an easy fix! I changed the top image and it works perfectly now! So happy!

For your information. JPG's do NOT support transparency. PNG's DO, but the background has to be transparent. If it has a white background, then it has a white background. Although Xara can fix that to.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Pretty pictures to help clarify.

The space/nebula background is stretched. The first image shows how the figures are placed, and which image type was used. The second image shows the published result.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image Type 1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	131433

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image Type Result.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	131434
    Last edited by Chris M; 29 January 2022 at 08:35 PM. Reason: seems impossible for me to post without stuffing up these days

That seems odd I don't understand that at all.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

If you use a transparent background on an image and let Xara decide how to handle the file type, it defaults to mimicking whatever background the image is in front of. In other words, it doesn't have a transparent background (Alpha channel).

In a web environment, where backgrounds are often stretched to fit different criterion, this causes problems (first image). To further prove the point, I placed the last image on the default white page and told the nebula image to stretch behind it. Xara mimicked the white background because that's what is immediately behind the image.

It works fine on none stretched or plain colour backgrounds. Just not stretched or responsive ones.