Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FTP Error: Transferred a Partial File

I am trying to upload changes to a website I created a couple of years ago and have uploaded changes several times in the past. Now all of sudden, after trying several times to upload changes, I keep getting "FTP Error: Transferred a Partial File". I am using Xara Designer Pro X. What needs to be done to fix this problem and be able to upload needed changes!!??!!

Default Re: FTP Error: Transferred a Partial File

Do you have PDF files on your website?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Do you have PDF files on your website?
    Yes there are some PDF files on the website, but they uploaded before.

Are the PDF files accessible on the site after you have published to the server? And if you download are they complete?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Are the PDF files accessible on the site after you have published to the server? And if you download are they complete?
    Yes (pdf files are still there), but now I've lost all my images. I tried uploading using Filezilla since Xara wouldn't work, and it messed up all my website folders! Maybe I should delete all remote server files and start all over??? But then if I delete all the files from the remote server, I'm afraid the re-uploaded site won't publish???

UPDATE:
    Hi Peggy, thanks for sending me your .web file. I've opended it and published it on my server. It uploaded without any errors so I can only assume there's an issue with the ftp setting you're using especially as you've lost all your images.
    Hope this helps.

I also believe you've problems with links to your .pdf files

i.e. NUTRITION-pdf.pdf
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 29 January 2022 at 03:49 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Smile Re: FTP Error: Transferred a Partial File

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    UPDATE:
    Hi Peggy, thanks for sending me your .web file. I've opended it and published it on my server. It uploaded without any errors so I can only assume there's an issue with the ftp setting you're using especially as you've lost all your images.
    Hope this helps.

I also believe you've problems with links to your .pdf files

i.e. NUTRITION-pdf.pdf
    THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! I FINALLY GOT THE WEBSITE UP AND RUNNING!!

My pleasure Peggy. I suspect the issue was a mismatch re pdf files as I think Gary also suspected but I can't be 100% sure, never seen that error before.

Just to keep everyone in the picture, Peggy forwarded me her .web file so that I could try publising it to my server.

I expected to have a trial and error publish sessions removing several pages and seeing if this error appeared. Then by process of elimination hunt down a rouge page.

However this wasn't required. Her file published 100% correct to my server first off, no amendments.

So she deleted her earlier server content and republished, this time without error.

The .web file I had, had no access to any pdf's & therefore uploaded without error. Peggy's .web file probably did have access to these pdf's and there was a mismatch between the previuosly loaded pdf's on her server and the latest published version.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've moved this thread to Xara Web Design Chat.

Hello, I'm having a similar problem as PWimb did where I am trying to upload a website I created and have uploaded changes several times recently to other websites that I created from the same website template. Now all of sudden, I am getting "FTP Error: Transferred a Partial File". I've had no problems with uploading websites built with the same template in the past. Would the problem be with pdf or image files that are causing the file to not upload? I am using Xara Web Designer 19 Premium.

Any help would be much appreciated.