Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: FTP Error: Transferred a Partial File

Quote Originally Posted by LuisM View Post
    Hello, I'm having a similar problem as PWimb did where I am trying to upload a website I created and have uploaded changes several times recently to other websites that I created from the same website template. Now all of sudden, I am getting "FTP Error: Transferred a Partial File". I've had no problems with uploading websites built with the same template in the past. Would the problem be with pdf or image files that are causing the file to not upload? I am using Xara Web Designer 19 Premium.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    LuisM, sorry to hear of your problems.

Can you confirm if the error message is from your XWDPv19 or a separate FTP program?
    In either case, what FTP protocol are you using?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn, I'm using XWDPv19 to publish it through regular FTP. I thought the problem was with a corrupted file on the template I was using. So I redid the website using a new Web Page (960) XGA file. I was able to publish when all I had was the header with two images. Then once I added a few lines of text and tried to publish I started getting the same "FTP Error: Transferred a Partial File". Here is a screenshot of the error Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_error.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	132655
    Thank you for your help!

LuisM, the usual cause is lack of computer memory.

The second that I have been seeing is files aren't being released by MagiXara on the server.
    If this, you may have to purge the entire website and republish.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, do you mean lack of computer memory on the local computer(like RAM) or lack of memory on the server? I've tried it using a desktop and a laptop and got the same error.

Sorry forgot mention, we don't use Xara or Magix hosting, we use a seperate web host.
    Last edited by LuisM; 24 August 2022 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuisM View Post
    Acorn, do you mean lack of computer memory on the local computer(like RAM) or lack of memory on the server? I've tried it using a desktop and a laptop and got the same error.

Sorry forgot mention, we don't use Xara or Magix hosting, we use a seperate web host.
    LuisM, that's OK. All I can think of is clearing out the site to republish.

Acorn

LuisM,

Are you able to export the Website as an Html to a folder on your computer?

If so then you could try using a third party software like FileZilla to up load the files to where you host the website.

I know this is a round about way of doing it but it will tell you a couple things. It will let you know if Xara is having a problem converting the files and it will let you know if there is a problem on the hosting site that is keeping the Xara from uploading the Site.

Ray
    Ray