Default Just try to change the line color

hey,

just try to change the line color

i cant.

change the line color_ 01.xar

its from an old file made in 2005.

strange.

reinhard
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Default Re: Just try to change the line color

You mean like this?

First time, no problem.

Does this happen if you close Xara and reboot your computer?

Or Run as Administrator?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Like this.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	131419  

Work fine for me Reinhard, using XP&GD 18.5
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Tried to replicate and succeeded to change the line colur on first try. So, I can't replicate. But then, I realized my workflow could be different. For there are many ways to change the line colour in Xara.

My standard method is right-click the colourline on the bottom of the window. But this document has only two colours to choose from. Choosing the slightly darker colour indeed changes the line colour. So, it works, nothing wrong with the file. But then I have set my preferences to use the old school way of doing things. Right clicking the colour line brings up the "choose item to colourize"

Another method is dragging a colour from the palet or colour gallery to the specified item in the drawing. And there is a twist. Dragging the colour to the object first show the arrow pointer with a square; thus changing the fill. And what one wants is the arrow pointer with a tiny line. THat one is hard to find for this line is 32pix wide. By hovering over the object I found it just in the middle of the outer line, somewhat 16pix from the side of the object. But the sweetspot is very narrow, you have to move very carefully to find it.

Third method, always foolproof, is bringing up the colour editor (button in the lower left corner of the window with a tiny colour wheel) and in the colour editor choosing the item of the selected object from the uppermost dropdown list in the dialogue(i.e. Fill colour, Line colour, ...) Then, by changing the colour in the editor's colour manager one can change the colour of the selected item.

There are more ways to change or select the colour properties of objects but these three methods are the most easy to work with.

In any case, the document is ok.

Sometimes files get corrupted. Try adding a like to a shape in a new document.

I have a template I use to create banners for our Facebook stereogram page. If I use the Select Color to Enhance and select a solid color and specify make transparent, the entire image disappears. Every time I use the template. So I create the image, copy and paste it into a new document, use the select color to enhance > Make Transparent feature, then copy and paste it back into my cover image.

It worked for me perfectly your program or file must be corrupted you might try restarting your computer and see if that helps if not then run as administrator if none of those work reinstall the program.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

very strange this monday morning it also works.
    but i swear on friday it was impossible.

hmm.

reinhard
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

very strange this monday morning it also works.
    but i swear on friday it was impossible.
    When something odd like this happens, and recently I have not been able to delete some objects, I close the program and then start it up again. Problem goes away.