Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wrong reg code

Default wrong reg code

Hi folks yet another stupid question which will no doubt have a simple answer as per usual.
    I had notice of an update on my Xara 18 pro today ( with 365 package). Duly did the down load and put in my reg code. Got messages to say my 365 was due and special offer etc. Turns out I wrongly used an old product code. Now not having done such before do I deactivate the existing prog then download a copy from Magics and put in the proper code or is there a way I can get the programme to ask me again for the code/

Hope that sounds lucid and no not finishing off the last of the New Year drinks

Ken

Default Re: wrong reg code

Not that I am aware of Ken, try closing the prog. then restart your computer before doing anything else and see if that helps.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

As long as you did not uninstall run Xara and see if it works like it did before.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

if it still works it will ask you again

if it does not, deactivate in your magix account; should not need to reinstall
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Guys, tried all of those before I came on here and no amount of stopping starting, reloading works. I was just wondering what happens if I deactivate the programme? Does it stop running until I start it up and it asks for the code or does it remove it from my computer. I have no problem with deactivating it then opening it and putting in the correct code. If the programme is compromised will I be able to download a trial and then activate it with my account code. I cannot find any advice or direction on the Magix site and have sent a question to them and they have said they are looking into it and incidentally they have quoted my correct code in the email. Not the best site in the world to find anything!
    I await their pleasure
    Thanks for the advice so far
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Hi Guys, tried all of those before I came on here and no amount of stopping starting, reloading works. I was just wondering what happens if I deactivate the programme? Does it stop running until I start it up and it asks for the code or does it remove it from my computer. I have no problem with deactivating it then opening it and putting in the correct code. If the programme is compromised will I be able to download a trial and then activate it with my account code. I cannot find any advice or direction on the Magix site and have sent a question to them and they have said they are looking into it and incidentally they have quoted my correct code in the email. Not the best site in the world to find anything!
    I await their pleasure
    Thanks for the advice so far
    Ken
    let us know, please.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

If you log into your Magix account you can see all the software you've ever bought and all the information such as serial numbers is visible, so you should be able to see if anything is amiss. I have recently had to un-register and then re-register my Magix programs because of an email change and it all worked just fine. Don't do it multiple times though because they only allow a few un-reg/re-reg cycles per day. It's a bit "heart-in-the-mouth" the first time, so just enter the information they ask for.

Hi People, (got to be pc or woke) these days. Thanks for the responses and just to let you know that I have received an email from Magix confirming in simple language( for the likes of me) the procedure for recovering from MY error.
    Hopefully will be of use to others. I wanted it from the "horses mouth" as it were so any loss of programme would have been on their instructions not my actions.
    Thanks again for the excellent response to my small problem
    Ken
    MAGIX Sales Department sales@magix.netHide
    To
    Dear Ken

To change the serial number, you must first deactivate the current number. To do this, please click on "Help" > "Deactivate program". After you have deactivated the program, you can open it again and you will get the activation window again. Here it is important that you delete your old serial number and enter the current number (P3-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Best regards,

MAGIX Software GmbH
    Lena Schönpflug

Ken

good to know
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    good to know
    Well done for advising the approach in advance of Magix's instructions.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat