Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Update Service Renewal and website M

I have designer pro x ver 18. I just recently renewed the Update Service. This provides me a coupon code for 1 year for domain and hosting for website M. I already have a website M website, all I want to do is is extend the expiration with the code. When I go to the link it seems to only set up a new domain. Thanks. (I can't seem to get anywhere on magix support, just keeps sending me to the community.)

Default Re: Update Service Renewal and website M

(I can't seem to get anywhere on magix support, just keeps sending me to the community.)
    That's not what I call support. And I really don't think what Magix offers in Website M is worth much. It's free, but very stripped down with minimal support.

I recommend finding a reasonably price web hosting company (I use and am happy with www.NameCheap.com) and transferring your website and domain to the new hosting company. Magix is a halfway solution at best. And if you can't get timely support then it's not a good solution.

Hi,

I just go around to replying to this on the Magix.info site, sorry for taking so long. Here is the reply:

I am about to do the same, as my M Hosting expires soon and I have not upgraded for a couple of years. Otherwise, it will cost me 24$ for another year.

In the past, I have raised a ticket with Magix asking them to apply the coupon X for the M hosting to my account. They do.

I suggest that you do the same, by clicking on Support at the top of the Magix.info forum and following through with Ask Magix, put in a search term - Use Xara coupon for M hosting (this will be the subject) - ask Magix again, and fill out the ticket. Please let use know how you make out.

Actually, I had asked the question a few years ago and they indicated that this was the only way. Strange.

Further info, since M Hosting comes with the package, I figure that one may as well use it since I paid for it. I got a domain name for my wife and put together a web site for her.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Thank you. I receved this info on the Magix forum and sent a request. Didn't realize you had to search on Magix support before it allows you to send a request/ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post

.... (I use and am happy with www.NameCheap.com) ....
    Looks like an interesting option. They now also have servers in the EU (costs a bit more).