Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Out to Sea as a NFT

way I look at NFT is this:

the artwork is not being sold, 'shares' in it are - sure this should not be done without the artists permission and it's a bit miffing to think of others making money out of your work without your say so, that is wrong; but unless you got there first and sold the NFT yourself, it's not money that you would have made anyway; it does [should] not give copyright and of course you would always have made sure you can prove copyright of anything that is yours and you care about, same as a computer backup

in some cases it might even result in an artist becoming well known by the efforts of others; well known artists that NFT their own work are probably the ones most likely to make any real money although it's not just art, you could NFT an image of just about anything and if you get in first with somethig really 'unique' you might be on to a winner

non of this makes me a fan ...I do not bet, on th stock market or for that matter on horses [in that sense]; I would not bet on NFT

one day it may be regulated like stocks and shares are, meanwhile we are back in the good old days of 'free for all' [literally in a way ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Steve - On that site, there are thousands of stereogram images, almost all of them are total crap. And not more than one or two that anybody has even shown any interest in. One of my stereogram colleagues is very aggressive in her marketing and she has dozens of her images, which are very good, on the site. I am not sure if she has made any profit on this.

Gene and I have several dozen images on Shutterstock, which is a great stock image company. I think all in all we might have earned $25 last year in royalties.

it must sometimes get depressing I guess...

most of my art is storytelling; there is something magical about creating a story, often you don't care what anyone else thinks; that said i dont [and never did] do it for a living....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

The Designest has just put out an article on making and selling NFT's that I received in my email.

Here is a link for anyone who is curious about this type of field.

https://thedesignest.net/how-to-make-and-sell-an-nft/

Ray

Ray - I sent thedesignist an email and told them they left out something important in their NFT article. Do not steal other people's images.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Ray - I sent thedesignist an email and told them they left out something important in their NFT article. Do not steal other people's images.
    Gary, the article does say:
    Ensure that you own the intellectual property rights to the item you want to sell as an NFT as using elements that you don’t have rights to or selling someone else’s work can cause legal problems.
    I'm sure few thieves actually read stuff or indeed can.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yeah, but I don't think Intellectual Property Rights has been defined for today's non-reader.

I have also seen portions of an image (always without the original copyright notice) sold as original art.