Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Sticky header and block below it

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    This is the image on my Android from your live site: The sticky text Beverlyee AFAICT is still hanging below its sticky rectangle container - this is not an issue for Android other than it looks odd.

Attachment 131357

The problem is again AFAICT with iOS and likely the anchor link scrolls up until its hits the sticky object, which is in fact the bottom of the "y". You also have an photo in your screenshot that looks to impinge on the anchor bar, maybe not an issue but give the anchor a bit more space top and bottom.

I tried to explain this, but here is your screenshot with the issue:

Attachment 131358

Appreciate we solved one issue and hit another, but we have to eliminate the hanging 'y' - we are then doing exactly what you saw here https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/testWidth/ where you said it worked OK?

Gary

@Initiostar, that worked! I shrank the font, still goes weird on the below headings but I can adjust that I think.

What I did notice, when I do a refresh on my Apple phone, that instead of landing on the upper part of the home page, it drops down to the "contact" part down below...any clue why? I've never seen that happen with any other website when I've done a refresh...sigh

Good to see you have resolved the issue Sue,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220112-223340.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	131360

Can't really comment on what happened with your iPhone, but it works are expected on my Android. Any tidying up should be cosmetic now

Gary

Good to see you have resolved the issue Sue,

Name:	Screenshot_20220112-223340.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	131360

Can't really comment on what happened with your iPhone, but it works are expected on my Android. Any tidying up should be cosmetic now

Gary
    Thank you so much, Gary, for sticking with me to test and work on the things that I felt needing a tweak!!

sue

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    @Initiostar, that worked! I shrank the font, still goes weird on the below headings but I can adjust that I think.

What I did notice, when I do a refresh on my Apple phone, that instead of landing on the upper part of the home page, it drops down to the "contact" part down below...any clue why? I've never seen that happen with any other website when I've done a refresh...sigh
    @sueb. I might be able to answer that Sue. Check the properties of the page (on open) since your going to an opening page, it’s auto sliding down to contact. Also check your menu button for (contact). Something is triggering the opening page to move to contact.
    Since this is @initostar design I’ll bow out for now. ~Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    @sueb. I might be able to answer that Sue. Check the properties of the page (on open) since your going to an opening page, it’s auto sliding down to contact. Also check your menu button for (contact). Something is triggering the opening page to move to contact.
    Since this is @initostar design I’ll bow out for now. ~Bill

Hi Bill. I'm not sure what you are asking me to look at and really do appreciate the assistance. These are anchors leading to the part of the page and not per se links. I've never used anchors. What I see is that the last section that I go to, when I refresh, whether on the phone or computer, goes to that last section I was on.

If you have a better way to do this and fix this, I would love to know how...it's not a bad thing, just an annoying thing to my brain!

@Initiostar, any suggestions? You seem to understand anchors better than I do...

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Hi Bill. I'm not sure what you are asking me to look at and really do appreciate the assistance. These are anchors leading to the part of the page and not per se links. I've never used anchors. What I see is that the last section that I go to, when I refresh, whether on the phone or computer, goes to that last section I was on.

If you have a better way to do this and fix this, I would love to know how...it's not a bad thing, just an annoying thing to my brain!

@Initiostar, any suggestions? You seem to understand anchors better than I do...

Sue
    Sue, if you have an address with an anchor (url#anchor), to which you have go to with clicking a link, then a refresh is telling the browser to go to the address and then nip along to the anchor.
    The delay in doing this is to not make the experience jarring to the viewer, particularly on a mobile where there is little space to work out where you are.

An anchor is just a move to a location on a page.
    If you have a scrolling website, the whole thing is one long page and an anchor can be a long way away.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, if you have an address with an anchor (url#anchor), to which you have go to with clicking a link, then a refresh is telling the browser to go to the address and then nip along to the anchor.
    The delay in doing this is to not make the experience jarring to the viewer, particularly on a mobile where there is little space to work out where you are.

An anchor is just a move to a location on a page.
    If you have a scrolling website, the whole thing is one long page and an anchor can be a long way away.

Acorn
    @Acorn, on this site it’s one long page. So I assume, the refresh acts the same as url#anchor? And the refresh does the same whether mobile or computer. I always thought a refresh was similar to clearing the cache!! 🙃

Sue, this is a visual demonstration of Acorn's statement using your own website (mobile version) - using the menu go to the about section (which is one of the anchors on your single page website); then scroll back upwards until you see the menu; you will see 'About' is in black text; you will also see in the address bar the About anchor address.

Name:	Screenshot_20220113-225034.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	131361

Now, refresh the browser and it will return to the About anchor, in the same way as if you had pressed the About link - just to prove this is no fluke, do the same for Contact and Volunteering.

Apart from centre-aligning a couple of your headings (Contact Us being one) it looks OK to me. I'd give yourself break

Gary

Sue, this is a visual demonstration of Acorn's statement using your own website (mobile version) - using the menu go to the about section (which is one of the anchors on your single page website); then scroll back upwards until you see the menu; you will see 'About' is in black text; you will also see in the address bar the About anchor address.

Name:	Screenshot_20220113-225034.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	131361

Now, refresh the browser and it will return to the About anchor, in the same way as if you had pressed the About link - just to prove this is no fluke, do the same for Contact and Volunteering.

Apart from centre-aligning a couple of your headings (Contact Us being one) it looks OK to me. I'd give yourself break

Gary
    @Initiostar, everything you said is true except the black part for me...lol Thanks for your patience, understanding and putting up with my quirky questions and trying to understand something new...and I love your last comment...I know sometimes I strive to have things as perfect as I can...and sometimes purely ridiculous!

It's no exaggeration to say that @Initiostar's format methods can make my work look more professional. This makes us more inspired in our work!