Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Sticky header and block below it

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Hi @Sueb. Finally see what your talking about here, on portrait and landscape.
    Depending upon how much you want to change, and what soft groups you have on that rectangle. I’d take all soft groups off, and make sure that rectangle is place on a layer all its on. Then apply stretch.
    Or .. delete that rectangle completely along with the layer, then try a new layer. Draw the rectangle, move layer to back, apply stretch and your other elements.
    Or .. copy the large rectangle in your links section, resize, and place on another layer for the offending rectangle.

I have a feeling that rectangle is taking some properties from another rectangle in the variant, because you have the rectangle in other areas not stretched, and others that are. In your links section that large rectangle is stretched, and it works. I did have this problem sometime ago. After I isolated that rectangle I cleared it up.
    Once you have the rectangle stretched, you can soft group with your other elements.
    I’m viewing on iOS phone.
    -Bill
    Thanks Bill. I added the "stretch" to make it work right, but on the Android it does but not on the Iphone. Agree it has something to do with that rectangle layer....and I didn't make this but used what Gary had made. And I looked and there are no soft groups, that I could tell.

The two rectangles are on the same layer, top one no stretch and beneath that we added the stretch.

Interesting that you had the same problem and fixed it. Will give it a try. Waiting to hear from Gary as he made the two rectangles for me without anything on them and they look fine on the Iphone, so my guess is that you are right..something there that is causing the crazy Iphone to glitch...

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Looked at your test on the Iphone and it was fine! So what do you think I should do?
    Sue
    OK - the top sticky rectangle can be set to 'Sticky' don't stretch - does that fix the problem.

BTW Bill, you jogged my memory here.

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    OK - the top sticky rectangle can be set to 'Sticky' don't stretch - does that fix the problem.

BTW Bill, you jogged my memory here.
    @initiostar, already somehow set to sticky, and stretch..maybe take off the stretch?

Yes, remove 'stretch' from the top bar, but keep it 'sticky'

Okay, I think that is better but NOW when I click on "about" or "contact" "volunteering," the header with Beverlyee gets close to the rectangle with the subject title in it but not right up to it like before.

What now to do?

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Okay, I think that is better but NOW when I click on "about" or "contact" "volunteering," the header with Beverlyee gets close to the rectangle with the subject title in it but not right up to it like before.

What now to do?

Sue
    Sue, you can make any adjustments you want to the font size of your text 'Beverlyee' or to the height of the top sticky rectangle; if you do the latter just move ALL the content down the page (the menu anchors will move down the page with your content).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sue.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	131355

Just keep the text Beverlyee contained in the sticky top rectangle.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Sue, you can make any adjustments you want to the font size of your text 'Beverlyee' or to the height of the top sticky rectangle; if you do the latter just move ALL the content down the page (the menu anchors will move down the page with your content).

Views:	34 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	131355

Just keep the text Beverlyee contained in the sticky top rectangle.

Gary
    @initostar, I don’t think I explained what I was saying correctly. I’m going to try to attach a screenshot.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	215A511F-894E-41D4-969A-1303B775CBA0.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	131356

Sue, surely all you need is to deepen the backdrop to ensure the y is covered?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, surely all you need is to deepen the backdrop to ensure the y is covered?

Acorn
    Tried that, nope, helped a little maybe but still didn't meet up to the subject section like it had previously.

This is the image on my Android from your live site: The sticky text Beverlyee AFAICT is still hanging below its sticky rectangle container - this is not an issue for Android other than it looks odd.

Name:	Screenshot_20220112-142212.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	131357

The problem is again AFAICT with iOS and likely the anchor link scrolls up until its hits the sticky object, which is in fact the bottom of the "y". You also have an photo in your screenshot that looks to impinge on the anchor bar, maybe not an issue but give the anchor a bit more space top and bottom.

I tried to explain this, but here is your screenshot with the issue:

Views:	54 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	131358

Appreciate we solved one issue and hit another, but we have to eliminate the hanging 'y' - we are then doing exactly what you saw here https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/testWidth/ where you said it worked OK?

Gary