Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Insertiíng YT videos not working (from catalogue)

Hello, doesn't load it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snímka obrazovky 2022-01-08 112448.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	131338  

Default Re: Insertiíng YT videos not working (from catalogue)

I don't use the widget, but there is another relatively easy and IMO better way to include YouTube videos, where you modify the embedded code from YouTube and add it to a proportionally sized placeholder.

e.g. https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Video/utube.htm

Gary

Lightbulb Re: Insertiíng YT videos not working (from catalogue)

Quote Originally Posted by sakulmore View Post
    Hello, doesn't load it.
    Your Post was not particularly helpful. A screenshot of a view of whatever does not help much.

What you did was launch the YouTube component and you did not read the detail:
    Please update your browser
    Your browser is no longer supported. Update it to get the best YouTube experience and our latest features. Learn more
    The link, https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/175292, explains what is happening.

What you actually encountered was YouTube complaining that it did not support Internet Explorer (IE) any more and that you should switch to Chrome or a more recent browser.
    At this point, you are allowed to get confused as you are not using IE, but your Xara Desktop Application is.

Here is a workaround:

Configuration

• Ensure you have MS edge installed - it does not have to be your default browser so you are not upsetting your normal working environment.
    • Open the following file in a text editor: %localappdata%\Xara\XtremeProSub\18\Cache\designs\eng\components\layoutcomponents\med ia\youtube.xwr; your product path may be different.
    • Replace http://www.youtube.com with microsoft-edge:https://www.youtube.com and Save.

Usage
    • Instead of the On-line Content Catalogue, use the YouTube Widget in your Local Designs Gallery (you have just edited this).
    • Double-click or drag onto the design page.
    • I set the view to full screen (I actually add width and height into the .xwr file).
    • Now just pick a video > Share > Embed > Copy > Insert.

As far as I can tell, doing this fools YouTube into thinking the browser is MS Edge but it still appears to be IE (if you check its Properties).

It is possible this workaround does not even need MS Edge to be installed as it never appears to be invoked.
    I have other Widgets that open the Xara dialog and a separate MS Edge window; the Copy and Insert across both still works.

If you have any success or questions, do ask here.

I would also strongly suggest you ask Xara to update all its third-party widgets to open in your default browser.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, now working well.

I still want ask you, is here any option to set as default xara web browser to MS edge or as best, Google Chrome? I mean on all these browsing. E.g. Forms etc...

Quote Originally Posted by sakulmore View Post
    Thanks, now working well.
    I still want ask you, is here any option to set as default xara web browser to MS edge or as best, Google Chrome? I mean on all these browsing. E.g. Forms etc...
    sakulmore, I had to give this a bit of thought.

For viewing the Web, I would go with MS Edge. Edge has the ability to use Web Apps off-line, which I find helpful for a number of utilities I access when Xaraing.
    For debugging, which not everyone considers, I would use Chrome. I actually use Vivaldi as retains my open Tabs when I close it and I find the Dev Tools, like Chrome, easier to access and navigate.
    I used to use Firefox but I find it slower and more quirky thee days. In a sense i use it all the time with my Thunderbird email app.
    Before that I used to use Opera a lot and sometimes still do as it has a VPN built-in. I play with the Tor Browser and BullGuard Secure Browser for similar reasons.
    And of course I use Internet Explorer when I access the Xara On-line Content Catalogue as I have no other choice.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Gary,

This is the post with the link to the site that has text on text that I mentioned in the other thread.

https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Video/utube.htm

Please take a look.

John CB
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    I don't use the widget, but there is another relatively easy and IMO better way to include YouTube videos, where you modify the embedded code from YouTube and add it to a proportionally sized placeholder.

e.g. https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Video/utube.htm

Gary
    Gary, in Chrome (but also FF) the code, videos and text overlap making it impossible to read or copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Gary, in Chrome (but also FF) the code, videos and text overlap making it impossible to read or copy.
    Apologies, the site was updated some time ago. The live site tabs for YT & Vemio should have deleted, leaving just the video tabs on the menu. Somewhere, I have missed something. Cannot take a look atm.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023