Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Background color and menu formatting missing when publishing

Hi All,

just after some advice on this issue. When I preview my site (prior to publishing), every page has a background color and the menu formats properly - like so:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grey.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	133300

But when I publish the site to the web, the home page looks fine but all subsequent pages are missing the BG color and the menu doesn't format correctly - like so:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	White.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	133301

I've tried uploading all the files manually and also published from from Web Designer - same issue.

This doesn't appear to be a caching issue as I have cleared the cache multiple times, checked it in 5 different browsers and tried it in private browser mode as well.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I am using Xara Web Designer Premium 19.0.0.64291

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ripper813; 27 January 2023 at 12:42 AM.

Default Re: Background color and menu formatting missing when publishing

I've had a look at your site and can only confirm what you're seeing so it's definitely not a cache issue.
    The only thing I can say is that perhaps your publishing it to an incorrect folder if it's publishing correctly when viewed in Xara's publish but not online. Put a date/time on each page, upload it/does it update?
    Check your FTPS settings.
    By the way the top buttons that lead to drop-down menus should NOT have a link. For SEO reasons it's best to use hyphens rather than underscores in your filenames. (i.e. /tests_and_reviews.htm)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the feedback.

The interesting thing is that all pages were displaying perfectly fine up until yesterday when I published the latest updates. These updates were done the same way that I have been doing them for the last year or so. So, I don't understand why it is different this time.

All pages preview correctly but on publishing it's not formatting correctly.

I can also see the date and time that these files were updated via FTP and it is correct, so, it not an issue of the files being updated or the the wrong files / folder being updated.

Hi All,

Please ignore this thread. The issue is now sorted. It was definitely an upload issue rather than a Xara issue. Normally I just overwrite the existing files when updating via FTP. I ended up deleting all the web page html files as well as the html files folder and its contents from the hosting server and then just uploaded everything from scratch and it now displays correctly.

Cheers.

Ripper - great website. I rode a Patterson!

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Ripper - great website. I rode a Patterson!
    Thanks. Don't suppose you still have your Patterson (one of my fav frame sets)? I still have my '84 TA. But really wish that I still had my '82 looptail PK.