Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Buttons: appear to be designed the same, but function differently

Quote Originally Posted by WideEyedLife View Post
    Okay, if I've done this correctly, here is a link to the page I am working on, as a .xar file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/loqgxr98rm...ePage.xar?dl=0

(If I understand dropbox correctly, this link should only access the file I've shared, not my whole account.)

A note about this webpage: I basically just cut and pasted a bunch of buttons as I was working, playing around with my design. And, several times in the beginning stages of playing around, I dragged various images away from their text boxes, before realizing that I had somehow unembedded them. Then I tried to embed them again (but never adding buttons to the embedding). So I have no idea what state of buttons/text/images being embedded together actually exists anymore. I DO know that the images on the lower half of the page NEVER had buttons embedded with them, though.

Sighs. Looking at the layer view on the right doesn't really help me much, either, because I'm such a novice at using the webdesigner side of xara. (I'm hecka good at graphic design, though; so maybe I'll be quick on the uptake?)
    WEL, thanks for the upload.

The difference between the top set and the bottom set is the top has a Fade in Effect; the bottom is Instant.

If you change the Instant to Fade in, even with 0 seconds Speed, your problem disappears.
    You've found a Bug. I'll spec up the issue for Xara but don't expect a fix.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OHHHHH....

Acorn, you're a wonder. I was sure it was operator error.

At the same time...Well, sheee----oooooot.

One of my questions in future was going to be, "How do I get rid of the fade in effect on the images? It's driving me crazy!"

Sooooo....

Now I have to ask the reverse question instead:
    How do I force the images to fade-in? (Over the past few days I've been unable to find anything about that effect.)

WEL, look for Web Animation > Reveal.

It's probably a z-index issue that a little CSS can fix. I'll check tomorrow.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Will do! Thanks so much for all your help!

This has been doing my head in for two hours plus. Still can't put a finger on the problem.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@Egg Bramhill Oh, gosh. So sorry! I know I was going crazy. Would have never guessed "fade in" to "solve" the problem!

I can report that I was able to make the buttons work properly by adding "fade in" animation effects to the images. Weird.

I have raised this as a Dear Xara Bug - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...on-on-Top-FAIL.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I have raised this as a Dear Xara Bug - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...on-on-Top-FAIL.

Acorn
    Thank you! There's no way I could have reported that as succinctly or accurately.