Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Shutting Down when opening file

All of a sudden Xara has started shutting down when I open a specific .web file. I can open Xara by itself, and drop the file in, and it'll usually open, but sometimes I get an error. I haven't encountered this yet with any other .web files, but it's really annoying. I even tried copying the components of the website, one by one, to a new file, and saving, and it does the same thing. Anyone else having this problem?

Default Re: Xara Shutting Down when opening file

If you can open it one more time, use File > Save As.
    This will create a new version in another disc area.
    Your original might have been corrupted.

You advise you are using v12 but have to upgraded your operating system recently?

Can you install your XDA on another computer and try with that?
    It that works then your XDA may be corrupt but only reinstall as a last resort as you might lose any v12 upgrades.

What you could also try is one of the Trial versions, any web-specific one will work.
    If the file is OK then again it indicates your XDA is corrupt.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I don't seem to be having any trouble opening any other .web files. I'll attach it in case you want to try.

GATICA GUTTERS XARA 19 NEW.web
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-11 122741.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	133549  

Oh, also, I'm using 19, and Windows 10. Apparently I need to update some of my info. I do have Xara 19 on another computer. I will try that.

Opens fine on another machine. Tried the "Save As" option, and didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by edmiston99 View Post
    Oh, also, I'm using 19, and Windows 10. Apparently I need to update some of my info. I do have Xara 19 on another computer. I will try that.
    It loads and renders fine on XPro+.

As you are on v19, there is nothing to stop you really from uninstalling and re-installing, apart from any custom settings.

Access violations can come from a range of issues.
    This is a fair checklist of actions you might consider. #7 is what I might try if I was still in the Update Service cover.
    https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-fix...ess-violation/

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The only way that I can open it on my main machine is to open Xara 19, and drop the .web file into the window.