Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Website "can't" export

Hello, i have two problems:

First:
    If i want export website, the program don't export it. It exports only first file, and other not.

Second:
    If i create navigation menu, and check "Site navigation bar", then if i create new page, it renames all navigations bar to .php file.
    Example: I creat NavBar with buttons "Home", "Downloads", "Contact Us". If i create new page (doesn't matter if is duplicate or new page), it looks like: "Home", "downloads.php", "Contact Us" <- Order of renames is random. Sometimes is like "home_page.php", "Downloads", "Contact Us", sometimes "Home", "Downloads", "contact_us.php".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	in_program.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	131317  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Website "can't" export

It looks like to me that you have named some pages .php and that would not be correct. Xara exports as a HTML file type. Try removing the .php and then see if the website exports.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    It looks like to me that you have named some pages .php and that would not be correct. Xara exports as a HTML file type. Try removing the .php and then see if the website exports.

Ray
    No, i think it's not happening by this. -> https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Saving-as-PHP

I think i just click on something, and messed it by that

Edit: Yea, it's like that as i wrote above. Now i created new project (CTRL + N), and tried to save with blank_page.htm and index.php. Both files are exported. So i just clicked on something, and messed it by that.

Edit 2: Okay, i fixed that . This topic was help me. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...gle-index-htm)

So now we can now solve only second problem.

sakulmore, 'blank_page' should be named 'index' as advised elsewhere.
    Otherwise all your assets are being published to a blank_page_htm_files folder.
    This is why Xara advises a blank index is kept, especially for PHP sites as your server is expecting to find index.htm, index, html or index.php and blank-page.htm is unknown, unless you have changed server configuration too.

In editing the NabBar, untick Site Navigation Bar and then double-click Button and Menu entry and type in your required Button Text.
    Once added, these should not change, even if you retick Site Navigation Bar.

It will help you to click the Edit > NavBar > Help button and read https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...ation_bar.html and its "Normally you will want to immediately edit this new label in the NavBar dialog" to make sense of why you have had these problems.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 04 January 2022 at 05:33 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn.

I still want ask:

Is here any way to show specified navigation menu only if user is e.g. registered and logged in?

Quote Originally Posted by sakulmore View Post
    Thanks, Acorn.
    I still want ask: Is here any way to show specified navigation menu only if user is e.g. registered and logged in?
    Assuming your have control over your PHP scripts, you could swap out the current navbar for a second hidden one.

I might display the NavBars as standalone pages and present them in a IFRAME where the source is controlled by a registered flag.
    It then begs the question as to whether the extra pages and the special NavBar are also equally protected?

I am sure that what you are trying to achieve cannot be done without a solid technical specification underpinning it all.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

strange then, that the listed address of the company is in Faisalabad [Pakistan]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    strange then, that the listed address of the company is in Faisalabad [Pakistan]
    @handrawn, the Spamming has been removed. Thank you for your help.

Acorn

I think you were on to it by the time i tried to report it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I think you were on to it by the time i tried to report it
    handrawn, you were onto this next Spammer ahead of me this time. I had immediately flagged it as a WATCH and missed the blatant hijack! Thank you again.

Acorn