Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to change the "index" name apearing on browser tabs to something like "Welcome"

Hi Everyone, not sure where this question would go, this section seemed the most appropriate. I would like to see how I can get browsers to use another title other than "index" (please see attached image). I would like to personalize this so that it is more professional looking and not just bare bones looking . I tried just changing the index name in Xara but it complained that the site won't function properly if I did so!

If anyone has any pointers, I would greatly appreciated it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	133166  

Default Re: How to change the "index" name apearing on browser tabs to something like "Welcom

Ah, is ok, I found it. Right clicking on the page layer -> Web page properties - > Page, and the enter the title in the title box!

Default Re: How to change the "index" name apearing on browser tabs to something like "Welcom

Bingo! Glad we could help.

Truly appreciate you asking in the first place. So many web designers don't realise how important titling can be.

Also in advising your solution.
    I keep sane by using Web Properties > Page Page title: 'Put a memorable name here' > Apply then Page Down for each page in turn.
    While there, I add in Keywords and Descriptions.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Truly appreciate you asking in the first place. So many web designers don't realise how important titling can be.

Also in advising your solution.
    I keep sane by using Web Properties > Page Page title: 'Put a memorable name here' > Apply then Page Down for each page in turn.
    While there, I add in Keywords and Descriptions.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn, yup, did that and will add stuff for SEO also