Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Locking (Repeating) graphics on SOME pages.

Salut tu le monde. I am new here (my first post) and I'm not going to go through almost 20,000 threads to see if this has been covered before. I'm building a site a in four different languages and have placed a graphic of a french, italian and german flag on the index_en page, and have linked the flags on this page to index_fr etc. The thing is, when I place these flags on index_en and paste them to index_fr etc. they end up placed incorrectly. No point repeating on all pages as this is not necessary. I tried a smart shape and arranged the flags on this and then pasted...still the flags are misaligned. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I found this forum by googling a question about uploading a website in different languages. Here, I am still a little confused. As people would know, Xara has a pop up stating that the first, or index page must be named 'index.htm' I think - as search engines will list this as the first page. I was imagining that people in Germany, for example, would automatically land on the '.index' or '_index' en page, see the German flag and access the other German pages from there.

What I have done is made separate .fr, .it and .gr index pages (in case someone searches for my site in one of these countries so they'll land on the index page in their language and follow the menu links from there. Will the first method work or both? Everthing has been translated and is almost ready to go, so I'm assuming at most I'll just have to do a little page re-naming. Thanks in advance for any help.

- Hugh
    Last edited by gwpriester; 03 January 2022 at 01:16 PM.