Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Looking at moving to Xara Web Design Premium

Hi,

I just wanted to know if there was anyone here that moved over from Webplus?
    I've been using that for years, even after it became legacy but I am now looking for a new tool that is just as easy.
    If there is anyone that made the transition, how did you find Xara in comparison?
    Does Xara have the same features and functions?
    Are there any things that you found missing that you would have liked or were there any features that you thought were really worth the move across?

Problem I have is that I am too far in my comfort zone with my old software and I have to force the change.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Default Re: Looking at moving to Xara Web Design Premium

Welcome to TalkGraphics. I've been using Xara products since 1996 so I am not going to be any help for comparisons.

Depending on how much web design work and other graphics you do, I would also consider Designer Pro+. It has all the web design features plus all the graphics, drawing, photo editing tools as well. The cloud based version can also be used with clients and associates to share files and collaborate.

The cost of the cloud version is a bit high. If I get the standalone desktop version of the web, I pay for it once and that's it.

If I get the standalone desktop version of the web, I pay for it once and that's it.
    The best suggestion I can offer is take the free 30 trial and see if you think this will be all you need.

Yes, once you purchase the product it is yours for life. But you need to maintain the update service to get updates, bug fixes, and access to the Online Content Catalog.

Can you download content from the online content catalogue and store what you use locally?

Quote Originally Posted by Toogood View Post
    Can you download content from the online content catalogue and store what you use locally?
    TG, yes you can with Download all as described here; https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...s_gallery.html

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, once you've purchased the software you can download the CC to your local computer provided your registration is in date. If it expires provided you downloaded it whilst valid it's always available on your local PC
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host