Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Switching from Serif Webplus to Xara

Hi there! Apologies for my silly question, I'm new around here!

I'm just switching from Serif Webplus to Xara.

Quick question, I wish to ask.... When I used to 'back-up' my WebPlus files, I would embed all content, before saving them to my onedrive as a package (so that I could open them from another computer) is there a way to do with this with Xara? Am I able to back up? and save as a 'whole'?

Any pointers would be brilliant, thank you.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy new year
    Kayleigh

Default Re: Switching from Serif Webplus to Xara

Kayleigh, welcome to TalkGraphics.

To backup, just save the .XAR/.WEB file.
    If there are any external assets, include the XAR-filename_xar_files or WEB-filename_web_files associated folder.

I would probably prefix the date to the filename:
    20211228-SVG - Packed Coloured Cube Background,xar (the design file)
    20211228-SVG - Packed Coloured Cube Background_xar_files (the external assets folder)

The external assets folder is automatically created to the name of the saved design file.
    - https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...t_folders.html

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Welcome to TalkGraphics Kayleigh

Xara also automatically creates a backup every ten minutes I think it is. It helps to name and save your file early. Then if you cannot find your project go to File > Open Recent > Backups . . . and either pick your most recent backup or an earlier backup if you wish.

When you have done this, hover over Date Modified and a small menu appears and you can narrow your search.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Date Modified.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	131279  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics Kayleigh
    Xara also automatically creates a backup every ten minutes I think it is. It helps to name and save your file early. Then if you cannot find your project go to File > Open Recent > Backups . . . and either pick your most recent backup or an earlier backup if you wish.
    When you have done this, hover over Date Modified and a small menu appears and you can narrow your search.
    Gary, having a Xara Backup does not inform you about any external assets. A Xara Backup will also save the external assets, as advised.

Regardless of where you are getting the design from, you still need to know that you are looking for the design file and an optional folder.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat