Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barcodes

Default Re: Barcodes

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    I can see the need for a bar code generator for some items. As far as QR codes are concerned, I very seldom see them used anymore. How many people have scanned a QR code recently for much of anything?
    I know that Iphones has the QR code reader built into the camera function now so you don't have to download an App to read codes like you use to have to do. But are people actually using this function?
    Ray
    Ray, some browsers have barcode generators built-in to make exchange of links easier. QR-Codes have been a thing in the UK for Covid-19 venues. Useful for What Three Words signposts. Savvy organisations use them to rack success points...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Great. Cool. Enjoy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QR3.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	427.1 KB 
ID:	131239

Name:	QR5.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	269.7 KB 
ID:	131241

Name:	QR4.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	270.8 KB 
ID:	131240

Name:	DigatalPassport.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	131242

The one thing you should do with any QR-Code scanning with your phone is to not allow automatic following.
    That why, I can avoid Jeff's YouTubing above but more seriously decide if the link is going to be malicious or even a tracking one.

As an end-user, I find ISBN scanning is great for when I'm selling books so I get the right edition and its details.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Name:  smile.png
Views: 85
Size:  14.1 KB

Name:  shock.png
Views: 85
Size:  19.2 KB

Name:	QR6.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	131246

Name:	QR7.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	248.9 KB 
ID:	131247

Name:	QR8.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	131249

Last edited by Jeffdoute; 23 December 2021 at 06:22 PM.