Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Resize document from top?

Hi

I'm adding lots of items every so often to the top of my xara document.

I keep having to drag every item down and add to the top. After 750 items it has become rather laggy and tiresome.

Is it possible to extend the document from the top upwards rather than from the bottom and dragging everything down, adding to the top and re-dragging everything back up to fit.

Extending from the top of the document would be 100000% easier.

Kind regards

Jack

Lightbulb Re: Resize document from top?

Jack
    • Add Push to the bottom-most item. This makes the page longer when it is needed.
    • Make all Layers with objects to be move Visible. This is mainly for MouseOff & MouseOver buttons & NavBars.
    • Select All. Shift+Select to unselect things like the NavBar.
    • Decide how big a gap you need, say 223px.
    • In the Y box on the Toolbar, append +223px and press the Enter key.

99999% easier.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Info Re: Resize document from top?

A cleaner approach:
    • Change your site to a Scroll website with 0px page spacing.
    • Separate out the existing items into a number of pages.
    • Set the index (first) page to be short with little content.
    • In the Page & Layer gallery, select the index page and then click New Page or Go to the first design page then Edit > Pages > New blank page. This always becomes you second page, pushing all others down.
    • Adjust the page height for the new top content.
    • Ensure all pages do not have a Shadow and you cannot see the join.
    • Each page comes with its own page hash; your 44th page can have its own address: ...index.htm#xr_page43 (one less than you might expect).

As I don't know the purpose or format of your items, you can have as few or a many separated pages as you choose.
    250 blank pages is just an index.htm file size of 150kB and loads in 0.5s so no real drag.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Resize document from top?

Thanks Acorn I will give this a try.

The avatar on your profile fits so perfectly for advertising crisp vector software. I dig it! ˙˙

Default Re: Resize document from top?

Quote Originally Posted by filetoolarge View Post
    Thanks Acorn I will give this a try.
    The avatar on your profile fits so perfectly for advertising crisp vector software. I dig it! ˙˙
    It is made up of letters 'Acorn' only.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...84510-Eye-Test

Acorn