Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Error failed to setup bitmap for rendering

Acorn, this is brilliant! That's what I will do!

Thanks so so much,
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, what you do is divide and conquer.

Copy your master file and never touch it while testing.

Name the copy something mundane.
    What you now do is remove half of the pages, Save As and Close.
    If when you Open this is still faults, you have this file to work on in the same fashion.
    If all OK, switch to the other copy and remove the other pages instead.
    Each time you are halving down to where the fault is.

When you have one offending page, you can work on Layers or Images in a similar fashion.

Acorn
    Figured it out and the weird thing is that it can be in the mobile variant and it's fine. If I copy the same jpg to the computer variant it gives me the bitmap issue again. I'm going to import it into photoshop and mess with it. It is not a large file but something is making Web Designer cranky!

The jpg or png works fine just placing it on the page and once I set it to repel...bingo, that sets it off! Help, why on the computer variant and not the mobile and how can I fix it??

Sorry @sueb I’m a little late to the party. Can’t answer your last question, but I pair down a lot of photos, cropping etc. I always Utilities/optimize all photos/ then close and re-open. This makes the site a bit smaller, and I found it a good option per page. I deal with large photos as well.
    Perhaps if you have the offending page with the image you could upload to the board.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Hi Bwood. It's actually not a large file at all...and it works fine until I tell it to repel text. I've utilized optimize on my photos sometimes.

Thanks for the tips...and it worked fine on the mobile variant, and it was the same exact thing and repelling just fine. But on the computer variant, it has an issue. Very strange!

More guess than knowledge. Try deleting the image from the Page & Layer Gallery, then import a clean version again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    More guess than knowledge. Try deleting the image from the Page & Layer Gallery, then import a clean version again.
    Thanks, Chris. I had deleted it several times and redid the photo in photoshop,added it again and same result, only on the computer version with repelling added. It's rather small. In the bitmap properties it says 14Kbytes, 247 by 232 pixels, 0.1 megapixels, 24-bit, 96dpi.

I would revert back to Acorn's post #10 - if you can identify the problem page, save your XAR as something like 'name-test.xar' - cut the offending page and paste to another document. Does 'name-test.xar' still have the problem? If not, that's a start; if the problem still exists you have probably not found the cause.

Then post the offending page here and we might get a better idea of the issue, or redo the page and see if the problem still occurs.

bitmap1.web
    Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    I would revert back to Acorn's post #10 - if you can identify the problem page, save your XAR as something like 'name-test.xar' - cut the offending page and paste to another document. Does 'name-test.xar' still have the problem? If not, that's a start; if the problem still exists you have probably not found the cause.

Then post the offending page here and we might get a better idea of the issue, or redo the page and see if the problem still occurs.
    Okay, I did as you suggested and still bitmap error. Okay, added the web file-it's one page. Not sure what the "xar" file is.

Sue, I found the offending object and deleted it; nothing to do with your images. Head over to Page & Layer Gallery and inspect each object and you'll find it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text Column Error.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	131409

I expect this line is not shared and not present in the mobile variant? XAR is just the Pro file extension '.xar' where as Designer has '.web' no practical difference here.

Loads correctly from here now: sue_bitmap_fix.xar - you will still get a warning for the Abobe Garamond Pro font; though this was not related to your error. I'd replace it.

I would also remove any unwanted rectangles, text boxes and lines, even if they are off-page - you can just add this page back to your test file and confirm all now works - if not, you may have another lurking gremlin.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Sue, I found the offending object and deleted it; nothing to do with your images. Head over to Page & Layer Gallery and inspect each object and you'll find it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text Column Error.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	131409

I expect this line is not shared and not present in the mobile variant? XAR is just the Pro file extension '.xar' where as Designer has '.web' no practical difference here.

Loads correctly from here now: sue_bitmap_fix.xar - you will still get a warning for the Abobe Garamond Pro font; though this was not related to your error. I'd replace it.

I would also remove any unwanted rectangles, text boxes and lines, even if they are off-page - you can just add this page back to your test file and confirm all now works - if not, you may have another lurking gremlin.

Gary
    Thanks, Gary. I wasn't sure how to "inspect" each item but I monkeyed around and found something that gave me that error..a line or something AND I deleted it but still getting error now when I save and reopened it. So I guess I didn't find it. I also had deleted the stuff off page. That was just a mistake of me leaving it there. No issue with Adobe Garamond here. I have that font.

So please tell me what it was...I'm stumped. I copied your page over and everything is fine now. Wow....I need to know now what the heck it was and how I didn't find it or how you found it....pALEASE!