Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Error failed to setup bitmap for rendering

Sue. Make sure the line that Gary found is not duplicated on other. Usually when deleting a repeating object Xara will give a warning.
    Tip …. To find something, hidden etc. “select all”, then you can actually see the offender. I gather this is the original site your still working on designed by @initostar.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Sue. Make sure the line that Gary found is not duplicated on other. Usually when deleting a repeating object Xara will give a warning.
    Tip …. To find something, hidden etc. “select all”, then you can actually see the offender. I gather this is the original site your still working on designed by @initostar.
    I don't know what line Gary found..lol. I don't know that it was a repeating object and I don't know that it is a hidden object. No, this isn't the site that @initostar was working on the design. It's my dog site that's huge...and was suddenly giving me that error when all these years it was fine. So I knew kind of what I had added or moved around but could not figure out after copying an image to several pages what it was. It wasn't a large image.

Now @initostar is saying it's not an image...so I DON'T KNOW.. I need to learn how to identify it...and what it was, although I thought I had found something that when I clicked on it in the page and layer gallery, it did give me that bitmap error, but after me deleting my copy, and reopening it, it still gave me that error but @initostar's did not give the error...so I suspect I didn't do something correctly....You are awesome for trying to help too!

Now @initostar is saying it's not an image...so I DON'T KNOW.. I need to learn how to identify it
    sue - as I implied right at the beginning - you cannot assume that an error message can be taken literally, a computer is a machine, it churns out the 'nearest' error message it has available, it has no clue what is going on

acorn and initiostar on the other hand are experts in what is going on in a website.. it will be something 'subtle'..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    I don't know what line Gary found..lol. I don't know that it was a repeating object and I don't know that it is a hidden object. No, this isn't the site that @initostar was working on the design. It's my dog site that's huge...and was suddenly giving me that error when all these years it was fine. So I knew kind of what I had added or moved around but could not figure out after copying an image to several pages what it was. It wasn't a large image.

Now @initostar is saying it's not an image...so I DON'T KNOW.. I need to learn how to identify it...and what it was, although I thought I had found something that when I clicked on it in the page and layer gallery, it did give me that bitmap error, but after me deleting my copy, and reopening it, it still gave me that error but @initostar's did not give the error...so I suspect I didn't do something correctly....You are awesome for trying to help too!
    Here is the explanation: in the screenshot you see a green horizontal line stretching across the browser, it is in fact a text column nearly 24,000px wide (apologies for not being more specific); if you inspect this text column in the P&L Gallery (SOLO mode) this gives you the bitmap error message - how it achieved that status I have not sought to establish, but it causes an error and when deleted, the issue is no more. You can see also a text area with no content (I deleted it), but this was not the cause of the bitmap error message.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-01-26.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	131417

Track back to Acorn's advice; it is a process of elimination - look at each object in Solo mode, bearing in mind some may not be visible and may require changing the 'quality view' to outlines to see them.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Here is the explanation: in the screenshot you see a green horizontal line stretching across the browser, it is in fact a text column nearly 24,000px wide (apologies for not being more specific); if you inspect this text column in the P&L Gallery (SOLO mode) this gives you the bitmap error message - how it achieved that status I have not sought to establish, but it causes an error and when deleted, the issue is no more. You can see also a text area with no content (I deleted it), but this was not the cause of the bitmap error message.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-01-26.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	131417

Track back to Acorn's advice; it is a process of elimination - look at each object in Solo mode, bearing in mind some may not be visible and may require changing the 'quality view' to outlines to see them.

Gary
    Gary, that's the thing I found! I deleted it but still got an error. So I figured I messed up on the mission! No apologies necessary. I figured you wanted me to investigate and not give it away!

Thanks for the explanation on how to find it, that's what I was doing until I found that green thing and deleted it and thought yeah, I found it...and then still got the bitmap error...so I must have done something not as well as you. I'll go back now to look at it more in detail. I can't thank you enough for sharing, teaching and "showing" me things to learn! I thank you in my head and Acorn each and every day....I love to learn...and I despise when I'm stuck!

Hugs to you both!
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    sue - as I implied right at the beginning - you cannot assume that an error message can be taken literally, a computer is a machine, it churns out the 'nearest' error message it has available, it has no clue what is going on

acorn and initiostar on the other hand are experts in what is going on in a website.. it will be something 'subtle'..
    Thanks...it sure was subtle and I appreciate the expertise on looking for it, seeing it and learning how to do some of the work on my own.
    Sue