Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Error failed to setup bitmap for rendering

Sue, what you do is divide and conquer.

Copy your master file and never touch it while testing.

Name the copy something mundane.
    What you now do is remove half of the pages, Save As and Close.
    If when you Open this is still faults, you have this file to work on in the same fashion.
    If all OK, switch to the other copy and remove the other pages instead.
    Each time you are halving down to where the fault is.

When you have one offending page, you can work on Layers or Images in a similar fashion.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, this is brilliant! That's what I will do!

Thanks so so much,
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, what you do is divide and conquer.

Copy your master file and never touch it while testing.

Name the copy something mundane.
    What you now do is remove half of the pages, Save As and Close.
    If when you Open this is still faults, you have this file to work on in the same fashion.
    If all OK, switch to the other copy and remove the other pages instead.
    Each time you are halving down to where the fault is.

When you have one offending page, you can work on Layers or Images in a similar fashion.

Acorn
    Figured it out and the weird thing is that it can be in the mobile variant and it's fine. If I copy the same jpg to the computer variant it gives me the bitmap issue again. I'm going to import it into photoshop and mess with it. It is not a large file but something is making Web Designer cranky!

The jpg or png works fine just placing it on the page and once I set it to repel...bingo, that sets it off! Help, why on the computer variant and not the mobile and how can I fix it??

Sorry @sueb I’m a little late to the party. Can’t answer your last question, but I pair down a lot of photos, cropping etc. I always Utilities/optimize all photos/ then close and re-open. This makes the site a bit smaller, and I found it a good option per page. I deal with large photos as well.
    Perhaps if you have the offending page with the image you could upload to the board.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Hi Bwood. It's actually not a large file at all...and it works fine until I tell it to repel text. I've utilized optimize on my photos sometimes.

Thanks for the tips...and it worked fine on the mobile variant, and it was the same exact thing and repelling just fine. But on the computer variant, it has an issue. Very strange!

More guess than knowledge. Try deleting the image from the Page & Layer Gallery, then import a clean version again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    More guess than knowledge. Try deleting the image from the Page & Layer Gallery, then import a clean version again.
    Thanks, Chris. I had deleted it several times and redid the photo in photoshop,added it again and same result, only on the computer version with repelling added. It's rather small. In the bitmap properties it says 14Kbytes, 247 by 232 pixels, 0.1 megapixels, 24-bit, 96dpi.

I would revert back to Acorn's post #10 - if you can identify the problem page, save your XAR as something like 'name-test.xar' - cut the offending page and paste to another document. Does 'name-test.xar' still have the problem? If not, that's a start; if the problem still exists you have probably not found the cause.

Then post the offending page here and we might get a better idea of the issue, or redo the page and see if the problem still occurs.