Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Error failed to setup bitmap for rendering

It says that the requested bitmap may be too big. How do I figure out which picture it is and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
    Sue

Default Re: Error failed to setup bitmap for rendering

depends what you were trying to do

in my experience this message occurs when making a bitmap copy or exporting a bitmap [photo] - in which case it is the final result that is 'too big' not the starting point; the program has a maximum size for bitmap creation [lhat may well be a result of it still being a 32bit calculation but that is educated guesswork]

sometimes working in a blank photo document rather than a 'normal' document will fix it, else you may have to scale down [your output]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I moved a few photos around...and I don't know which one caused the issue but nothing that I can see is BIG. It's a huge website, so no way to know which one is having this issue since I created a few new pages and moved some stuff around from here and there, mobile and main. Had not done anything to export.

like I said it is not usually the images that you start with, but the effect that you generate by doing whatever it is that you do with them

are you for example moving image[s] into a group that has an effect applied

'BIG' is a relative term - for me a bitmap around 10000 by 7200 pixels is quite normal as I work by default at A3 size 600dpi

I don't do websites - hopefully someone else who does can help more...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    like I said it is not usually the images that you start with, but the effect that you generate by doing whatever it is that you do with them

are you for example moving image[s] into a group that has an effect applied

'BIG' is a relative term - for me a bitmap around 10000 by 7200 pixels is quite normal as I work by default at A3 size 600dpi

I don't do websites - hopefully someone else who does can help more...
    The problem is is that it doesn't identify the last thing I did or what picture it is or effect. I don't know how to identify what to fix and it's making me nuts to have it say that every time I open it.

this happens when you open the XAR file ?

if it were me I might deconstruct using copies of the xar file - eg: taking layers out in rotation, saving, reopening; until I had identified the part of the file that was causing the issue, then narrow it down

I don't know if that would work with a web site though as the layer structures are more complicated
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    this happens when you open the XAR file ?

if it were me I might deconstruct using copies of the xar file - eg: taking layers out in rotation, saving, reopening; until I had identified the part of the file that was causing the issue, then narrow it down

I don't know if that would work with a web site though as the layer structures are more complicated
    Yes, every single time. It doesn't identify which one...my website is huge (many pages) IF I delete all the bitmaps, I'm afraid it will delete all my pictures. I don't care if it's bitmaps or jpgs but have not idea how to handle this.

I guess you could host your site locally, ie: on your computer, and see if it does the same and then take it from there so you were not messing with the live site; that would seem to me the sensible thing to do, and how I might resolve this sort of an issue on a site... if i built them, but I don't, so you would need somone here who does to give more than just an overall view

I'm suprised no-one on the website side has picked this up... maybe if you started with a new thread with a title that is website oriented - make it clear this is a website that needs debugging?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks, Handrawn. I will try again. I do work on it locally before uploading, so it's when the program opens I get that message. Nothing to do with it online. I'm not even sure I could figure it out by looking on line unless there is some program to help me. I'm trying to shrink the amount of pages now...maybe I'll fix it by mistake..lol!

Thanks for writing...yeah, surprised no one jumped in to help me with the web designer program.

Sue

Sue, what you do is divide and conquer.

Copy your master file and never touch it while testing.

Name the copy something mundane.
    What you now do is remove half of the pages, Save As and Close.
    If when you Open this is still faults, you have this file to work on in the same fashion.
    If all OK, switch to the other copy and remove the other pages instead.
    Each time you are halving down to where the fault is.

When you have one offending page, you can work on Layers or Images in a similar fashion.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat