Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Minor Improvements since my Stroke

Since my stroke, my wife has to depend a friend of hers using (GoDaddy) to post classes for our school. I am just learning that each time a student tries to register for a class they get her new web site (GoDaddy) which is temporary and my old web site which confuses some of them. You all have been a God Send helping me get slowly get started again. As soon as I finish putting the new class information on the XARA web site, we'll let the (GoDaddy) site go. It's a slow process, but I thank all of you for getting me started again.
    Here is the problem, I want to take my XARA web site down for the time being, but, It,s been so long since I've used it I've forgotten or just can't remember the FTP that I used when I first published the school information. I just can't seem to remember the PASSWORD I used. Is there anyway possible to take my website down? Thank you so much.

bob w

Default Re: Minor Improvements since my Stroke

Bob this is terrific. I hope you continue to improve.

Is there a Forget Password or Reset Option or is this with Xara Hosting?

Gwpriester thank for responding. I feel a little better, but this is a very slow process. To answer your question, I think this XARA hosting. In other word, I can't see how to take the website Off Line until I have all the class material typed in. How do I totally remove the XARA website until late January when I'm ready to display the XARA website again. Is there a way to do this???

bob w

When you have your web document open, click the Publish button

The click the Control Center button

When you get the sign in screen, click Forgot you password? You should get another menu that will ask for your email address. Submit your email address and you will be mailed a link to reset your password.

Use this password to access the Control Center.Once inside the control center you can select your website and delete it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Control center.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	131202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-17 at 09-19-30 Login - Xara Online.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	131203  

Thank you, GP good information.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

keep going bob it gets easier the more you do
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Bob this is terrific. I hope you continue to improve.

Is there a Forget Password or Reset Option or is this with Xara Hosting?
    Me too.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

WOW!!! What a fine group of folk. You all are the best. I really don't know what to say, accept, thank you very much and God Bless.

bob w

Well all I'm back to admit I don't understand. I'm sure do, but I really don't know. I went to
    File > Publish To XARA Hosting > Control Center > then Publish To An Alternate web host, but then as transferred to something I was not familiar with. This a new "Cloud Page"? Needless to say, I did not erase the site see (www.newpathwaysconsulants.com
    I didn't know where to go from there. I don't like coming back here but here I looking for more assistance Please. Thank You So Much.

bob w

Thumbs up Re: Minor Improvements since my Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Well all I'm back to admit I don't understand. I'm sure do, but I really don't know. I went to
    File > Publish To XARA Hosting > Control Center > then Publish To An Alternate web host, but then as transferred to something I was not familiar with. This a new "Cloud Page"? Needless to say, I did not erase the site see (www.newpathwaysconsulants.com
    I didn't know where to go from there. I don't like coming back here but here I looking for more assistance Please. Thank You So Much.
    bob w
    Bob, it sounds like you have retained your Login credentials.

If so, these are the steps you need:

• Share > Sign into Xara Hosting.
    • Add your Email & Password, if you know them.
      • If not, you really need your Email to then press 'Forget your password' - Xara will then email a Reset and you start again.

• Click the Sign In button - the Dialog disappears.
    • Now, Share > Publish website >> Publish > Publish to > Xara Hosting.
    • Click the Settings button.
    • Click the Explore webspace button.

From here, you can delete your website.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat