Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Christmas Virtual Baubles

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Acorn, great balls!
    Just a few observations on your xar files output.

I believe it's a long standing bug in Xara that changes circular fills to elliptical fills for some unknown reason, often when pasting attributes. Unfortunately this has the resulting effect that rather than creating an svg it creates an bitmap image instead.

Further to this xara's default image creation is set to "Let Xara decide the result automatically". With the introduction of svg export I believe this would be better set to a default of "Lossless compression PNG"

IMHO at present Xara's export is creating far more images (bitmaps) than are required.

DEMO
    Egg, I watched your demo a couple of times and still do not understand how that was done I had seen thopse baubles before and wondered I thought maybe the graphic was made then using the mold tool to turn it into the baubles wanted.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Larry, I didn't do the bauble shapes, they where in a xar file posted by Acorn. However they are fairly simple to make using the mould tool, in particular the Circular Envelope mould.

Hope you can make sense of this (Sorry missed out the Xara window tool sets) :

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Larry, I didn't do the bauble shapes, they where in a xar file posted by Acorn. However they are fairly simple to make using the mould tool, in particular the Circular Envelope mould.
    Hope you can make sense of this (Sorry missed out the Xara window tool sets) :
    LINK
    Egg, I'll certainly be using Ctrl+1+U a lot more.
    What will make your construction far faster is the use of the new Smart Duplication control.

Thank you for the video.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ctrl+1+U
    ? Sorry, not with you there Acorn
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

? Sorry, not with you there Acorn
    After using a Mould, press Ctrl+1+U, to Add Shapes and Ungroup, all in one go, resulting an a Shape that is rendered as an SVG object.
    Does the same with a Contour or Bevel or Spiral.
    A Blend needs Ctrl+1+U+U. Same with Text Inside but you end up with the Shape duplicated in the text's colour.
    A Extrusion becomes a Bitmap after you use Ctrl+1.

If you have a complex repeat of a pattern, like a bauble, than breaking the Mould and intersecting All Shapes when selecting with a Clone or another under-shape separates out the Shape into all its sub-parts. Very cleanly and very quickly and most beneficial now SVGs are the output.

The other benefit is no message about destroying a SmartShape. It is a Bug, I sure, that Ctrl+1 immediately deletes a SmartTable.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you, Egg your demo was most helpful and reinforced what I thought, but took it a step further.
    Thank you Acorn for providing the baubles.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    After using a Mould, press Ctrl+1+U, to Add Shapes and Ungroup, all in one go, resulting an a Shape that is rendered as an SVG object.
    A Blend needs Ctrl+1+U+U. Same with Text Inside but you end up with the Shape duplicated in the text's colour.

If you have a complex repeat of a pattern, like a bauble, than breaking the Mould and intersecting All Shapes when selecting with a Clone or another under-shape separates out the Shape into all its sub-parts. Very cleanly and very quickly and most beneficial now SVGs are the output.

The other benefit is no message about destroying a suretyship. It is a Bug, I sure, that Ctrl+1 immediately deletes a SmartTable.

Acorn
    thank you Acorn useful tip.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Thanks for the clarification Acorn. I didn't ask the question without further searching. Xara's new online Keyboard Shortcut has no mention of these shortcuts. Egg
    Egg

Cheers Larry
    Egg

Thanks for the clarification Acorn. I didn't ask the question without further searching. Xara's new online Keyboard Shortcut has no mention of these shortcuts. Egg
    Egg, Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+U are both in https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara..._keyboard.html .
    When you press Ctrl+1+U, this is just completing the second action without releasing the control key.
    The repeats are just unpacking levels of Grouping.

Acorn