Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Purple Bauble.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	334.6 KB 
ID:	131193

Baubles.xar

Marry Xmas

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Christmas Virtual Baubles

if not vitreous....

merry christmas
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    if not vitreous....
    merry christmas
    damn! I missed that!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    To hang on your Virtuous/Virtual Christmas Tree:

Name:	Snow Bauble.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	490.9 KB 
ID:	131192

Name:	Purple Bauble.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	334.6 KB 
ID:	131193

Baubles.xar

Marry Xmas

Acorn
    Other than the mis-spelling they look great Acorn.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

damn! I missed that!

Acorn
    don't go glassy-eyed
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Other than the mis-spelling they look great Acorn.
    Marry, I'll make a Fool of miself.

Acorn

Hi Acorn, great balls!
    Just a few observations on your xar files output.

I believe it's a long standing bug in Xara that changes circular fills to elliptical fills for some unknown reason, often when pasting attributes. Unfortunately this has the resulting effect that rather than creating an svg it creates an bitmap image instead.

Further to this xara's default image creation is set to "Let Xara decide the result automatically". With the introduction of svg export I believe this would be better set to a default of "Lossless compression PNG"

IMHO at present Xara's export is creating far more images (bitmaps) than are required.

DEMO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Acorn, great balls!
    Just a few observations on your xar files output.
    I believe it's a long standing bug in Xara that changes circular fills to elliptical fills for some unknown reason, often when pasting attributes. Unfortunately this has the resulting effect that rather than creating an svg it creates an bitmap image instead.
    Further to this xara's default image creation is set to "Let Xara decide the result automatically". With the introduction of svg export I believe this would be better set to a default of "Lossless compression PNG"
    IMHO at present Xara's export is creating far more images (bitmaps) than are required.
    DEMO
    Egg, thank you for the analysis.

Normally, I would agree that getting SVGs from a design is very important.

It was not done in this case as I left all the components exposed rather than a single Group so they could be quickly manipulated and taken apart by others.

The Elliptical Fill was not changed from a Circular one by a Xara Bug; I just chose it. I do know that this can happen but I usually have it down as one of my necessary checks.
    One bauble also had a Shadow that Xara cannot yet handle as SVG. Again, I would use CSS for my own use but I kept this as a pure Xara design.

Ultimately, the white stars were mapped onto a sphere were always going to be a bitmap, a PNG, as selected by me, so I could change the background Fill and Colour.
    I had thought of creating and distorting each star by hand to maintain the aesthetic but that is too much hassle.

Group each bauble and publish and be damned.

Acorn

Completely understand Acorn. I was merely trying to point out to other TG users that whilst circular fills export as svg's elliptical fills export as bitmaps. Also that letting Xara choose the filetype (default jpg) creates a second unnecessary image where png with alpha does not.

The number of request to a server for downloads slows the page load time. Downloading a bitmap when it can be produced via svg without a download is slowing your sites download speed.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Marry, I'll make a Fool of miself.

Acorn
    Oops whttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F63tXcfVr9gell guess I mis-spell too. sorry.
    It's more that my eyes don't notice things like they should anymore therefore I may type gibberish or mis-spell and don't notice sorry I was a painter which seems to me to be a sorry state of affairs.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.