Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default E-commerce can xara do it

I always wondered about, if xara can handle all the e-commerce features on its own and the answer is simply NO
    So now can Xara handle plugins or outside code and with all the posts that I see in this regards there are ton of problems with that too, specially in mobile setup.

I also know that there is Toms ecommerce feature but I think it is very limited to what can be done compared to other platforms.

So am I correct to say that Xara is not made for ecommerce website and that it is good just for informative sites?

I just told a friend to forget doing ecommerce with xara. I feel confident to have told him this, because I personally if serious about it, would not use Xara.

Default Re: E-commerce can xara do it

I have tried to cover this with you more than once.

Xara delivers static websites.
    There is no connection with back-end code delivered from a server.
    You have to enable this yourself.
    It can be done through third-party widgets.
    These can be as simple as PayPal buttons or full-blown CMSs, such as ECWID.
    It can be done with embedding the vendors code.
    It can be done with XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers.
    It can be done with PHP and SQLite.
    Building a CMS is not simple or cheap.

I am sorry others cannot address the issues with variants. I have and delivered to clients.
    I, however, see absolutely no issue with sending a viewer out to a ECWID Shop or WordPress site even when they are standalone.
    It is far the cleaner and you can set up forward and back links, regardless of the viewing platform, to ensure a next-to-seamless presentation.

A CMS needs to retain its state so as you jump from page to page and add/delete items to a Cart, it remembers.
    You can do this with Xara, without a back-end, through the use of the browser's session storage.
    Where I draw the line is in the financial transactions side; get that wrong and you are truly stuffed.

If you are building professionally for clients then use ECWID Instant Site, which you can easily customise. That is free.
    Move up a level and pay to incorporate the shop into your client's custom domain as the customer flexes.
    You yourself stated most start-ups survive no more than three years. An ECWID Venture licence for that time would be £500.

This is a trivial cost if you compare a WordPress developer delivering similar or even a templating platform where the product is not transferable.

For a paid ECWID plan, you can link to Google Sheets, export Inventory in a CSV file, handle Customers with SalesForce and other CRMs and much, much more.

I would use ECWID over WordPress, not due to functional differences, but down to security ones.
    Other CMSs are available.

Acorn

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: E-commerce can xara do it

Very clear and informative response. Thank you.