Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Nav bar warning "You have at least one button with both a link and a menu

Dumb question here, I've been adding and moving around things in the nav bar and now get that warning. How do I figure out which one or ones need fixing?

I don't want to remove the button. I've done that before and because I have so many links, I cannot figure out which one.

Can you please explain more what this means and how easy it might be to identify and how?

Here's the website: https://www.bodaciousbeardies.com

Thanks much!
    Sue

Default Re: Nav bar warning "You have at least one button with both a link and a menu

I think this happens with drop down menus. If the drop down menu links to a page and has a drop down menu you can see this warning.

If everything works OK then maybe not worry about it.

Or, unless the button needs to link to a specific page, remove the button link to the page and keep the drop down menu.

Default Re: Nav bar warning "You have at least one button with both a link and a menu

This is so confusing and thank you for your answer. With the dropdown menu, if there is a link, it seems to make that message, so I have to delete the link, add it onto the sub category and link it. This makes no sense to me because in the past, with out programs, that initial nav bar and title could have a link.

Why is this so cranky in the Web Designer program? Anyone know?

Sue

Sue, when you are using a smartphone there is no opportunity to have both a link and a sub-menu.
    You need to ensure a touch either goes to a link (no sub-menu was there) or it opens a sub-menu.
    If you are sure you will never have a smartphone viewer then you can ignore the warning.

If you need that link and a sub-menu, you create a sub-menu entry to go to the original top link.

Nothing cranky with your XDA; technology evolves.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Simply put. Any button that opens a sub menu should not have a link. In the URL section, tick 'Do Nothing'.

Hey Acorn. Thanks for the reply. For the Smartphone, I do make a mobile version with a completely different menu.

And that's what I had been doing was creating for instance "Home" menu, and sub-menu then "Home" too. But maybe it's not necessary this way for the computer version then? That's where I get the menu error.

Sue

Thanks, Chris. Will work on that!

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Hey Acorn. Thanks for the reply. For the Smartphone, I do make a mobile version with a completely different menu.
    And that's what I had been doing was creating for instance "Home" menu, and sub-menu then "Home" too. But maybe it's not necessary this way for the computer version then? That's where I get the menu error.
    Sue
    Sue, you've cracked it (until the SmartPhone viewer chooses to look at your Main site).
    It isn't an "error" it is an advisory.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Maybe it's better to use the mobile version? What would you do?

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Maybe it's better to use the mobile version? What would you do?
    Sue
    Sue, wrong person to ask - I would not use a Xara NavBar in the first instance.

For Main
    Top Level: Home, about us, contact Us do not need sub-menu entries.
    For My Beardies
    Just open the page my-beardies.htm
    On the page just place ordinary links to open each dog's sub-pages.

By working though each set, you can move away from sub-menus and just have Buttons or Text Headings (my preference).
    Yes, you may have to add a new holding page as for the Links.
    Change the last Link to Purchases and unpack as well.

If you use Buttons you will gain a indication of the page you are on.
    At present if I am "herding", I have no idea how I go there or how to again.
    The concept is breadcrumbing.

I hope this helps.

Acorn