Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thumbnails

Default Re: Thumbnails

Another thing I've never seen before ...

When re-saving files the thumbnails appear, however using F5 to refresh goes back to the Xara Icon.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks for inputs will try again when in office Tuesday.
    I tried first before asking for help, using command line and the correct full path reported that it had completed.
    Interesting that the flash drive with Xara files brought from home displayed correctly.

And don't forget to restart Explorer after issueing the command ' regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\XaraDLLs\XarThumb64.dll" ' ...

I tried command line
    regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\XaraDLLs\XarThumb64.dll"
    Said it had succeed
    Did a Disk Clean-up before and after
    Did a restart of Explorer
    Nothing changed still a large X

I replaced some files from home and now show correctly on office computer, I noticed when opening the folder that icons very briefly showed X before displaying correctly.
    There are still others that I will have to reload to get the icons to display correctly.

Peter, sorry to hear of your ongoing grief.

I use Everything, https://www.voidtools.com, and you can create Filters and Bookmarks to your assets and display them as Large Thumbnails.
    I have about 150,000 .XAR files and it renders the thumbs for these a pageful of 60 thumbs in just around a second. Done once and there is no delay.
    Shift+Ctrl+1 is Extra Large Thumbs (15/page); Shift+Ctrl+2 is the 60 that I mentioned. I can squeeze 500 thumbs on the screen, but rarely do.
    The same command is a toggle to the Details view.

The filter is the killer - .xar ellipse - 60 objects rendered faster that I can type the filter text.

Highly recommended.
    Do try it then you have evidence of a Windows or Xara failure somewhere.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Prewett View Post
    I replaced some files from home and now show correctly on office computer, I noticed when opening the folder that icons very briefly showed X before displaying correctly.
    There are still others that I will have to reload to get the icons to display correctly.
    Peter, the short delay is your machine building its cache database.

Select some of the office XARs and move to a different folder and then bring them back.
    The thumbs should work oat both locations.
    Fingers crossed.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

That worked moved to a flash drive where they displayed icons moved back correctly.
    Every time I restarted Explorer.
    Everything is very useful, installed on all office computers when setting them up.
    Thanks for suggestion