Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thumbnails

Default Thumbnails

I not able to get thumbnails displayed in Xara folders.
    Home DP+ and DP shows correctly the office installation does not just a large X.
    I have used the Magix suggestion on using the command prompt and the line
    regsvr32 “C:\Program Files)\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\XaraDLLs\XarThumb64.dll”
    This says that it has installed but no change.
    Any suggestions please?
    Peter

Default Re: Thumbnails

Try this Peter:
    LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Nothing seem to be working followed all the suggestions.
    Until I found that one has to load the file make small change then save that is long winded when a clip art folder runs into thousands.
    So there must be something hidden in the file.

The command line suggested C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\XaraDLLs
    I have no XARA folder in \Program Files (x86)\ only in \Program Files\ should their be one?
    Peter

Try running the built-in Windows Disc Clean-Up.

When it fires up, scroll to the bottom and tick the reference to the Thumbnail Cache. Basically, it deletes the stored (remembered) icons and thumbnails and rebuilds them when you next open a folder.

I'm having the same issue's at the office, since our I.T.'s decided to start using OneDrive as a backup solution.

ALL my XAR files are showing the Xara icon in Large Icon view. I've re-registered the dll's and can't get them to view thumbnails EXCEPT if I open them and resave. I really don't want to sit here and reopen and resave ALL my XAR's ... Any other options?

Peter - Search for the XarThumbs.dll file and NOTE the path to it ... That will be the path for the regsvr32 command.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Even completely deleting all the thumbnail cache(s) didn't work ... allthe XAR file still show the X icon EXCEPT the ones I've just resaved.
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

This probably won't help but I have a folder called "My Xars" which only contains the Xars I personally did anyway I opened the folder and at the top clicked view and all those thumbnails showed well they weren't really thumbnails just small images of the actual file which when clicked on opened XDP18 which then showed the file in question.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Peter, for Pro+, the command will be regsrvr32 C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\XaraDLLs\XarThumb64.dll

It is xarThumb, not XarThumbs.
    It is regsrvr32, not regsvr32.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

regsrvr32? That gives errors on my computer!
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    regsrvr32? That gives errors on my computer!
    My mistake!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat