Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Pro+ 21.6.0.63535 SL x64 Dec 6 2021 - Help is now all On-line

Pro+v21.6 came with a surprise: no CHM (compiled HTML file). The Help Manual is all on-line.

The one good thing is it is starting to remove the legacy IE dependencies that hit you every time you pressed F1 or click a Help button in a dialog.

Xara seems to have overlooked the Erase Background Guide.

I still want an off-line version; the PDF Help was ideal for this.
    There is are Next or Previous Links.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Pro+ 21.6.0.63535 SL x64 Dec 6 2021 - Help is now all On-line

Yes but progressing in the right direction. Thanks for your research into the new format.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

So lovely people where is the link to it?

@ behzad > https://helpandsupport.xara.com/

And @ Acorn, what is the issue with the Erase Background guide, seems to work OK for me?

Kate @ Xara

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    And @ Acorn, what is the issue with the Erase Background guide, seems to work OK for me?
    Kate @ Xara
    Kate, it is a separate web page popping up with no means of resizing the window for those with visual impairments, built with Xara HTML filter v.8.6.0.293, goes to an unsecured site, still uses IE and is completely different to all other Help features within the XDA (it is modal to the XDA and sits on top of the design page). The only "useful" part is the means to activate a tool option. No other menubar has a Help; elsewhere Dialogs have a Help button. Here you have a Question Mark roundel.

It seems cleaner and logical to use https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...ckgrounds.html through Erase Tool > F1.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

How ironic:

looking at a page's heading:

<meta name="Generator" content="Adobe RoboHelp 2020"/>

hmmm.

🤔​

Bug Re: Pro+ 21.6.0.63535 SL x64 Dec 6 2021 - Help is now all On-line

Well Xara is all grown up and can chose not to use its own products in building its websites and in producing its on-line help.

That said, I would appreciate a tool that actually worked:
    Bug - https://helpandsupport.xara.com/inde...h=undocumented returns 32 hits.
    • I gained 32 hits, none for undocumented; they returned random hits on (undo, undone, unlock, unlocked). a similar PDF Help Manual has 0 hits.
    • The order of the returns of 'undone' is equally random; PDF is page-sequential.
    • The page 1 link forward for 'undocumented' works fine but cannot be bothered to move to the top of the returns.
    • The page 2 link backwards just fails.

I think we require a PDF version for off-line working and accuracy.

I would have used a Presentation website with PDF download to showcase your product's capabilities.

Acorn

@Acorn, imo it's reasonable for the Help to offer suggestions on words it can't find an exact match for, but I agree a PDF version would be good, that suggestion is already logged.

@Micheal yes sadly Xara has never developed a Help authoring tool. Previously we used AuthorIT, now we've simply picked the product that we believe will help us deliver the best possible result for Xara support content. For example as a next step we now hope to be able to link the product help with our knowledgebase articles.

Kate @ Xara