@Kate, the new multi-line SmartFields are problematic.

I packed out addressline1 with about 4 paragraphs with 25 lines in total.

In a Text Area, I put two copies of george:addressline1 and then deleted the first.
Bug - I was left with about 10 Line Feeds that still acted as a Smart Field as I could not place the caret anywhere within and, worse, I could not delete them when highlighted.

I have no means to finding a Smart Field in a document.
I can delete them, page by page, but I don't know where they were until they are gone and that might be too late.

Your Help file suggests
To do this, add :text and :link to the end of the SmartField name. For example, you could enter website:link and website:text. Xara will link these two together, so whatever text you enter in website:text will link to the website:link URL.
The default SmartFields show no reference to this construct or actually how to make it all work.
Bug - If you succeed, you then find the Link works but there is no visibility of it in the Web Properties Dialog.

If you are silly to try this will a multi-line text entry, you will encounter a disaster.
Bug - every individual character and space gains its own, separate link and you end up with an HTML mess:
Code:
<span class="xr_tl Normal_text xr_s1" style="top: 53.92px;"><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">T</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">h</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">i</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">s</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)"> </a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">i</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">s</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)"> </a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">a</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)"> </a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">D</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">u</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">m</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">m</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">y</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)"> </a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">L</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">i</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">n</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">k</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">.</a></span>
<span class="xr_tl Normal_text xr_s1" style="top: 77.25px;"><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">I</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">t</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)"> </a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">i</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">s</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)"> </a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">o</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">n</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)"> </a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">t</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">w</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">o</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)"> </a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">l</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">i</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">n</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">e</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">s</a><a href="george:website:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">.</a></span>
I'll leave you to work out the original link text.
Its link was just javascript: ; but you have returned 'george:website:link', which errors with 'Failed to launch 'george:website:link' because the scheme does not have a registered handler.'

I logged this issue when you first delivered SmartFields.

Acorn