Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help For "Dummies": How do I print a *.jpg AND save the same *.jpg

Since the picture under "Any Dummy:" in the dictionary is mine, I need a bit of help. . . . .

How can I print any chosen (by me) *.jpg images (AS IS) that are displayed somewhere on that page by clicking on a "PRINT" button on that page?

How can I save any chosen (by me) *.jpg images AS IS) that are displayed somewhere on that page by clicking on a "SAVE" button on that page?

I've been screwing with this for 3 days now and am still EXACTLY where I started - "Nothing Has Worked"
    Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ron
    Last edited by Wodlik; 03 December 2021 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Incomplete info

Default Re: Help For "Dummies": How do I print a *.jpg AND save the same *.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wodlik View Post
    Since the picture under "Any Dummy:" in the dictionary is mine, I need a bit of help. . . . .
    #1 How can I print any chosen (by me) *.jpg images (AS IS) that are displayed somewhere on that page by clicking on a "PRINT" button on that page?
    #2 How can I save any chosen (by me) *.jpg images AS IS) that are displayed somewhere on that page by clicking on a "SAVE" button on that page?
    I've been screwing with this for 3 days now and am still EXACTLY where I started - "Nothing Has Worked"
    Thanks for any help you can give me. Ron
    Ron, thee is still a lot of information missing around your asks.

I'm guessing this a web page.
    For #2, all you need do is right-click on an image and then pick (Image >) Save as and then pick the file type (JPEG). There is no need for a Save button.
    To print an image,#1, I would right-click again and pick (Image >) Open Image in New Tab then use File > Print or just Ctrl+P. There is no need for a Print button.

You could do this programmatically but unless you add checkboxes you would need Print/Save buttons for every image.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry, LOL - not a rocket scientist here. . . . . If you need more than this, let me know.......

Yes, its bunches of cooking web pages, each page containing one recipe which can be anywhere from 1 to 6 different jpg's of recipe instructions/steps that I want to print. Each jpg is a scanned (300 DPI) jpg image of a single page Excel Document. The jpg's are also loaded into a "Page" directory in the website, so I COULD use the URL of each image to print it (my last failed attempt). Once upon a time, right clicking on an image used to give you a "Print" choice, but I'm not sure where that disappeared to (Or why).

Since users are traditionally not computer savvy, the Print Recipe button is necessary. I was hoping that doing a "Save Recipe" from a button would save them steps, BUT. . . . . ONLY the Print Recipe Button is really necessary, the Save Recipe Button is just an "it would be nice if" thingy - Totally unnecessary.

My simplest Recipe Section is COFFEES (2 Recipes: Cowboy Coffee (1 jpg page to print) & Turkish Coffee (2 jpg pages to print) if you need to take a look:

http:www.RonKsKitchen.com/coffees/index.htm

Thanks Ron

Info Re: Help For "Dummies": How do I print a *.jpg AND save the same *.jpg

Ron, there are better ways to tackle this.

Here is a combined menu as a PDF: ChDumplings-SStyle.pdf
    In this design I have a button to open this PDF, using Link > Link to file.

This is how I might integrate things: Ronks Menus.xar

In this design, the View buttons simply open your image(s) into a separate Tab.
    From here a viewer could readily print or save them.
    It is messy as you usually have a menu over more than one page.
    It is the least intrusive.
    The trick is to set Link > Open link in: New window or Tab; this opens to a fresh view of just the image.

The IFRAME uses the PDF with fairly basic IFRAME coding.
    If you have linked the PDF above then your Xara application then saves it into the index_htm_files folder. Your live site will be slightly different.
    The code for each PDF will be:
    <iframe src="index_htm_files/<menu>.pdf" width=100% height=100%></iframe>

For it to all work from this TG Post, you must follow the steps I have put into the design file before you Preview otherwise you will be disappointed.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 03 December 2021 at 05:46 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you so much - The Print Page is working PERFECTLY. My images were a bit "dirty" looking, so I ended up rescanning them as black & white jpg's & now they're nice and crisp.
    My only problem now is inserting a food image jpg using JPG2PDF. No matter what size I make my image (most are normally 1000 pxW x 500 pxH), they insert the jpg rotated 90 degrees and stretched as an 8.5 x 11 image when I print it on-line. If I print it off-line using Xara Preview Web Page, it prints correctly.

I'll get there. . . . .

Thank you again for the info.
    Ron