Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Still not able to activate the portion of the Info Bar that permits me accessing font

I hope each of you had blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm the elderly gentlemen who recently had a stroke. My birthday was (Thanksgiving Day) and it was good. I also kept trying but can't seem find the answer to activating the area that will allow me to set the size, style, changing density, etc. of each font or line of fonts. So, I want to add new fonts, increase the size of some and change the style of others. I've got to stop here long enough to say, THANK YOU to everyone who took time away from their busy scheduels to share with me. And for all the others who tried to help, Egg B, Gwpriester, Acorn. If i've forgotten anyone please don't be angry. By the way, I am trying a new for me, vitamen thats good for the brain. I pray it will work for me. Thank you all so very much.

bob w.

Default Re: Still not able to activate the portion of the Info Bar that permits me accessing

hi bob

each tool activates an infobar above the drawing area tab[s] - it changes for each tool so to see the information for fonts you will need to be in the text tool

in designer pro the advanced options toggle on and off with a button at the end of the bar - not sure about Web Designer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-11-30 08_23_08-Xara Designer Pro X - [holding].jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	131069

keep at it - the more you exercise the brain the better it will get
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Still not able to activate the portion of the Info Bar that permits me accessing

Thank you so much kind sir. I appreciate you sharing this with me. By the way, how did you get this program and how much did it cost. Is this program different than what I have? Again, thank so much Handrawn.

bob w

Designer pro you can get from Magix same as Web Designer

Designer Pro is more expensive but it includes more features for drawing and printing etc

Web Designer is tailored towards websites only - it is really a cut down version of Designer Pro
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sir, thank you so much for the information you've provided. How do you produce the screen on your reply to me. If I could do that maybe you and the others could see why I'm having problems.

bob w

are you asking how to capture the screen, how to upload the image to TG, or both ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

I am asking how to upload the image so all can see and tell me why I don't get the Text Style (Info Bar) when I press T. I hope I'm clear here.

bob

I am asking for both if thats OK with you sir. Thank you for your positive response to the (brain) problems I'm having. I am going to keep working as hard as I can to get better.

bob w

pressing T switches you to the text tool but you don't see the info bar is that correct ?

if so then go to window menu in the program and click cotrol bars and make sure info bar is ticked in the popup:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	control bars.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	131074
    Nothing lasts forever...

hitting printscreen on your keyboard will usually copy the screen to clipboard which you can then paste into your program and export [after editing out anything you may not wish others to see]

to upload this image click on the go advanced button, bottom right of the box you type your post into, and then scroll down and click on manage attachements - this will open a popup that allows you to browse for the image on your computer and upload to your post

ALSO: if info bar is ticked in the control bars popup, but you still do not see it, you can click on the reset button, but note this will reset all your bars to default
    Nothing lasts forever...