Hello all,

I renewed my original subscription of the Xara Designer Pro X 365 in January of 2021, so it's about to end soon.

Meanwhile, I have designed and published a couple of small websites with the program (via an external hosting company), which have not required any updates so far. However, I may have to make some changes after my subscription ends.
I understood, that I would not have access to the content catalogue and updates anymore, after my subscription ends, but now (while searching for something completely unrelated), I have come across THIS in the Xara Desktop Help Center and I was kinda taken aback:

DO I LOSE ACCESS TO ALL MY FILES AT THE END OF MY SUBSCRIPTION?
No, you keep everything you have saved and exported after you subscription has ended, and any websites will remain published. Xara won't delete any of your designs.

PROJECT FILES

To open .XAR and .WEB project files however, you would need to do so within Designer Pro and for that you would need an active subscription to open.

Does that factually mean, that I won’t be able to update/make any changes to existing websites created in Xara, the program I bought, unless I renew my yearly subscription?